• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken fuel rail

Paystar

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Riot 9000
As I was gapping my plugs I moved the tank back a few inches to get to the plug on the PTO side. When I did this the weight from the tank shifted when the gas slashed. In doing so, it pulled on the gas line light and broke the rail at the 90 degree elbow.

I was able to track down a new rail and I’m looking for any tips for removing and reinstalling. It looks to be straightforward but as this winter has gone, when I say that it never actually is.

Cut the 3 zip ties, unscrew the regulator from the rail, unscrew the two Philips bolts and remove with washer? Will the injectors stay in the throttle bodies and only the rail will come out? Then put new rail on?

Looking for some tricks or anything to look for during this process.

Thank you in advance for the time!

As I was gapping my plugs I moved the tank back a few inches to get to the plug on the PTO side. When I did this the weight from the tank shifted when the gas slashed. In doing so, it pulled on the gas line light and broke the rail at the 90 degree elbow.

I was able to track down a new rail and I’m looking for any tips for removing and reinstalling. It looks to be straightforward but as this winter has gone, when I say that it never actually is.

Cut the 3 zip ties, unscrew the regulator from the rail, unscrew the two Philips bolts and remove with washer? Will the injectors stay in the throttle bodies and only the rail will come out? Then put new rail on?

Looking for some tricks or anything to look for during this process.

Thank you in advance for the time!
Injectors are only held in by o-rings (into fuel rail and by seals into throttle bodies. Once you've removed the two long screws holding fuel rail, you can just lift it up and injectors can either be removed or just hold them down and pull up on rail to pop them out. They can stay inserted into throttle body.

T
Injectors are only held in by o-rings (into fuel rail and by seals into throttle bodies. Once you've removed the two long screws holding fuel rail, you can just lift it up and injectors can either be removed or just hold them down and pull up on rail to pop them out. They can stay inserted into throttle body.
Thank you! I’m hoping to pull this off with no leaks

Attachments

• IMG_8366.jpeg
    IMG_8366.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 42
Like mentioned above this is a very simple repair. Youll have no issues. The right variety of extensions will allow you to swap plugs without moving tank in the future.

I just changed plugs this weekend on mine without moving the tank. My forearms are bruised from trying to remove and install the coils on the head. They came off hard and went back on very hard. Not sure I will do this again without moving the tank.

I just changed plugs this weekend on mine without moving the tank. My forearms are bruised from trying to remove and install the coils on the head. They came off hard and went back on very hard. Not sure I will do this again without moving the tank.
once you learn a few little tricks not to bad to change plugs. But agreed so much easier with tank off!

Back