• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken Limiter Strap

Roger

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 RS Venture GT (power steering doesn't work when real cold)
2006 Indy 500
Hi All
Broke a limiter strap on a 2007 RS Venture. Yamaha wants $38 each for this piece of conveyor belt that is worth 10cents. Whats the best bet for replacement, where do I get it in Canada, and how can I stop this from happening again?

Thanks.

Just improvise.....
went to local generic ATV/Snowmobil part supplier and bought straps from (i think it was) brp widetrack equivalent made by Kimpex. On the desk, they were too long & wide but wanted to cut & hole myself and get better granularity in hole resolution. ..under 10 buck a piece.... but this was 3 years ago & 15000 km.
..yeap, still in & good.

My neighbor had a chunk of conveyor belt which I easily modified to suit my needs. Yamaha you know what you can do with that $38 for 10 cents worth of materials! This is the first time I've ever heard of a limiter strap breaking. I have 100000miles on various sleds over the years and have never had an issue. Now my ripsaw track is starting to lose it's traction. Pieces breaking off. The only other track that fell apart on me was on my other Yamaha.

Back