• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead Failure

Ok took a break after trying to freeze the Pixies(Voltage Regulator)Unsuccessfully. Bad news and as I suspected. Right side of Bulkhead is also cracked. This is not going to be inspected every ride but please look at yours when hood is off somehow. We WILL see more of these.
cracked bulkhead.jpg

Guys who have updated the stem mount. Is this updated? Doesnt look like it to me. Never cracked though.
DSC01150.JPG
DSC01151.JPG

Lol easy job and kinda reminds me of Phazer every year or two!
DSC01152.JPG

That is NOT the updated steering bracket. You should have a small piece riveted by 2 rivets to the aluminum piece that runs from left to right and is held to bulkhead with 10 rivets.

I have mine out right now and will be putting in the upgraded one once I sort out the steering slop in the bellcrank.

Occam's Razor says that the simplest explanation is typically the correct explanation. The Bulkhead was damaged from the impact that happened on the right side as was disclosed after this thread got some momentum.

Occam's Razor says that the simplest explanation is typically the correct explanation. The Bulkhead was damaged from the impact that happened on the right side as was disclosed after this thread got some momentum.
The right side crack? Ok. I looked and it wasn’t there then. That doesn’t explain it completely failing on left 10000mi later! Just putting it out there so people look that’s all don’t shoot the messenger.

The impact was enough to require the replacement of your a-arms. That's big. It created internal stress risers. I don't think it is fair to dismiss the impact as a cause and to therefore conclude that the design is flawed.

The impact was enough to require the replacement of your a-arms. That's big. It created internal stress risers. I don't think it is fair to dismiss the impact as a cause and to therefore conclude that the design is flawed.
1 a-arm. Right lower one. Design is awesome just fails when I am riding it at 15000 mi. You decide what you do yourself.

Exactly! Right side a-arm impact didnt crack the left side of the bulkhead. More like cat problems

I will never say absolute. Is people I meet with 07 Phazer’s that to this day have never broke suspension and still tight front end. First year before updates I never made a weekend without breaking something. So design success depends on who and how it’s ridden. Almost everything made can be improved somehow.

Steve,
Off topic did you find the short in the handle bars?

Back