• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead Repair & Saver Kits. In stock ready to ship.

This is the first mod I will do to my Attak. I am always looking to improve the reliability of my machines, and this looks like a no brainer here. I wish I purchased my sled a month earlier, I could have saved some ca$h, as now you prices have went up. Thanks for donating $5 back to the site, that's very admirable of you and your company.

Saved by the Saver Kit

I was greasing the Apex over the weekend and adjusting the toe. I noticed the front of the of the lower A-arm was pulled back 3/16" from the front of the spindle and the collar inside was pulled out. I tried to tighten it up but the collar wouldn't slide back into the spindle flush and allow the A-arm a tight fit against the bushing.

Seeing no evidence of any damage, bends or bulkhead issues, I thought it came from Yamaha that way and brought it to the dealer. Moms of NH has a really good mechanic, he pulled it apart and found the lower rear A arm bushing was somehow pulled into the spindle, holding the collar out and preventing a tight fit. Also, and it was very hard to see but the upper A Arm was cracked and bent. With a new upper A arm, thankfully in stock and a lower bushing, I was good to go. They're great there!!

I don't remember hitting anything or landing hard enough to do the damage, but the dealer said these arms aren't made out of Play-Dough and without the Bulkhead saver kit they saw I installed, the bulkhead tabs would have blown out to cause what I did and my $250 repair bill would have been more like $2,250 with no sled for the foot of snow coming tomorrow and the foot plus coming over the weekend. This kit saved my a$$ and the best riding of the season. Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• Lower A Arm.jpg
    Lower A Arm.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Cracked Upper A Arm.jpg
    Cracked Upper A Arm.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 124

Back