• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

caliber grip glides

dwh039

Extreme
Anyone using caliber grip glides Grip Glides . Thinking about using them on my 12' tilt bed. Set it up to either carry two sleds or one up the middle. It turns into a multi use trailer in the summer, with the odd pallet loaded on with a forklift and figured these would be a bit more durable than the longer glides. plus cheaper to change the odd one when a fork hits one.

dwh039 said:
Anyone using caliber grip glides Grip Glides . Thinking about using them on my 12' tilt bed. Set it up to either carry two sleds or one up the middle. It turns into a multi use trailer in the summer, with the odd pallet loaded on with a forklift and figured these would be a bit more durable than the longer glides. plus cheaper to change the odd one when a fork hits one.

It's Caliber , my mistake! :o|

If it help I just did my trailer in the low pro grip glides and am very happy with em. My big concern was walking down the back door and not slipping. No problem. Very good traction.

I've had them on my rear door for three years. They work great for traction so I don't slip and the wood stays new. I had three warrantied because I back my sleds out and the carbides catch edges every now and then. Caliber had stood behind their product. For warranty I had to take a picture of the glide and send it in an email and they would mail me a out a new one. This year I installed the low pro grip glides and I think they are going to work better or my application(snowmobile/atv).

Another option

These look nice, but costly. I went on craigslist and found an old plastic truck bed liner. In fact I got five of them for free. It was enough for everyone in my club lol. I cut them into 7 in strips and screwed onto the trailer bed. Then I found an old track at a swap meet for ten bucks. I cut it in half and bolted to the trailer between the slides with the lugs facing up. This gives a grip for loading and unloading.

The whole setup works great and only cost $10.

I just put them on the front and rear door of my trailer. I love them, worth the little extra money for the traction they have. My dad put the cheaper, no traction glides on and you don't dare step on those in the winter.

Just finished installing 64 of them on my 2 place tilt trailer. Have it setup for both side by side placement and single up the center of the trailer. Worst part of the install was having to deal with phillips screw heads. Lately Everything that I buy thats made in america comes with these damn phillips head screws. Give me a robertson or torx any day. Sorry about my rant about screws, but why use such a inefficient fastener?

Back