• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

camoplast all terrian ski???

I was looking at them too for some off-trail use. People on other snowmobile forums seem to like their performance. And they are cheap enough.

The 5" versions are not as well liked.

It looks like they only make mounts for Yamaha trailing arm suspension.

i have had no problem with bolting trailing arm skis onto an rx or apex or vice versa. my family mainly uses apex mountain skis on everything but i run curves myself.

The biggest issue with the Camoplast skis are they are blow molded and are hollow. They can wear quickly on hard surfaces and some people have cracked them. Should not be a problem in powder. Not sure they would work for me as a cross over ski.

I had the 5 inch ski on a polaris trail touring it had 2100 miles them they wore good, but sucked for floatation. Then I put the 7 inch powder skis on had only 20 miles on them then sold the sled and up graded to a yamaha venture mp. The camoplast 7 inch ski was way better in the deep snow night and day differance from the camoplast 5 inch ski. I would put them on again if I needed skis.

I have a set on the wife's GTX and they're OK. Good floatation and used a set of Double Down carbides so they protect the ski's keels. Price was reasonable but don't forget to factor in mount kit.

Back