• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carbide sharpener (biteharder)

RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 viper rtx
2006 apex rtx
seen a few reviews on the bite harder carbide runner sharpening tool.
After riding a ton of ice covered corners this weekend it had me thinking about putting a new edge on my carbides.
The bite harder tool seems to work, my question is, has anyone tried them with studboy shaper bars?
I ask because the shaper bar is not round and i was wondering if that might cause an issue.
Thanks

I have two Stud Boy shaper bars with 6" carbides on my split rails with 60 degree points. Their sharpening tool works great on them. I usually do them once a season to bring the edge back up.

I find once I sharpen with the tool, the Bite Harder edge lasts way long than stock. A stock carbide is sharpened to a point. The Bite Harder sharpener creates a new edge but leaves a small plateau (instead of a point) on the carbide. When running roads that plateau rides on top of it and doesn't seem to dull easily. It still has plenty of bite on ice and snow.
MS

I have two Stud Boy shaper bars with 6" carbides on my split rails with 60 degree points. Their sharpening tool works great on them. I usually do them once a season to bring the edge back up.

I find once I sharpen with the tool, the Bite Harder edge lasts way long than stock. A stock carbide is sharpened to a point. The Bite Harder sharpener creates a new edge but leaves a small plateau (instead of a point) on the carbide. When running roads that plateau rides on top of it and doesn't seem to dull easily. It still has plenty of bite on ice and snow.
MS

Perfect. Thank you for replying!!

Back