• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case Bearings

Whole assy with updated shaft,clips, frame piece with secondary side bearing is under $200. Ordered it today and will order the better chaincase side bearing that MrSled and Shagman posted tomorrow.
WOW, that is quite the bargain.

I am pushing 4000 miles on a later build 2016 viper should I be concerned about chain case on this sled? I am hoping the 2016 has better bearings.

I am pushing 4000 miles on a later build 2016 viper should I be concerned about chain case on this sled? I am hoping the 2016 has better bearings.
I have 7000 mi waiting till spring then doing aftermarket bearing and 16 shaft

I have 7000 mi waiting till spring then doing aftermarket bearing and 16 shaft
Is the bearing different on the 16 shaft or can we use the better bearing me sled found a couple years ago? I think I'm just going to the 16 shaft this summer when I go through everything. Do we have a thread yet for all the parts needed to switch over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be doing my son's 2015 this spring for sure.If a had known these were prone to fail, I would have done mine last spring.The apexs and nytros we have owned did left side drive axle bearings every second year,never any problems.

What is the required oil, synthetic or dino? My owners manual does not specify.
Local Cat dealer told me they use dino oil in Arctic Cat. Dino will stay on chain maintaining lube in lugs after sitting, syn drains off.
Kind of wondering if Yamaha calls for syn and this is a Cat part, might sense why it is breaking.

Only Yamaha chaincase oil I have seen is Dino oil. I have been using Amsoil lately. Don't think oil matters at all for the bearing.

Is the bearing different on the 16 shaft or can we use the better bearing me sled found a couple years ago? I think I'm just going to the 16 shaft this summer when I go through everything. Do we have a thread yet for all the parts needed to switch over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same bearing mr sled used will not work. There is a 16 updated thread in FAQ but this kit is new.
Here part #1 secondary shaft assy.
http://www.yamahapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/yam/55db271f87a8660384735032/secondary-sheave

Update on my sled....new secondary shaft, new bearings, new top gear, new reverse gear (splines were bad), new shift fork buttons, new lock-nut, new seals. Hopefully have back tomorrow.

Was told the 16 shaft/bearing will not retro fit into the case....it is what I was told.

Back