• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain Case Failure?

68_340_Cuda said:
wacker said:
As you can tell i came off a doo and took a big chance on this sled but in doing so i also accept the challenges of owning a first year sled.If you think about it ,without guys that buy first year sleds this sport would have gone nowhere so to bitch about the sled and manufacturer without giving them a chance to get it right is BS and not at all productive!!

How so? The ProCross has been around since 2012, this is not a first year sled. All these issues have been around since the 11/12 season. Reverse not working, grinding noises, popping out of gear, reverse not working, this is nothing new to these sleds. Cat has done redesigns and updates on this exact system but still working like shite, even the new 14 Cats are starting to act up.

Like i said lets give yamaha a chance here,they are dealing with someone else's engineering
As far as reverse not working,it's a non-issue here
Popping out of gear was incorrect actuator installation
Biggest problem in my mind is our dealerships until very recently have had no service manuals or tech support from Yamaha
Some of our performance guru's out here seem to have it figured out and aren't the least bit concerned about this marraige

number1kyster said:
IMO Banks is stating the obvious. The 2012 and newer cats have major issues. These new Yamaha were supposed to be the corrected version.

These sleds were promised as Yamaha's, not as blue Arctic Cats.

Right and they get mad at me for trying to tell them and now I am a troll. Like my earlier post I am ok with knowing I will replace top end and so is ski doo they are paying for it. I am at doo talk. Just figured I would give some help. I was like you guys but am now not blinded.

It is why I didn't get the cat 800.

alright calm down guys. Lets not turn this into a brand-bash thread, or a yellow vs blue cool-aid thread.

DeerHuntr said:
I understand some people have had issues, I pray to God I don't when I finally get to ride. This is the good and bad of the Internet things get blown all out of proportion and spread like a wildfire. It's nice to hear about possible issues so you can check stuff over and get ahead of it but at the same time it's all too easy to get caught up in the doom and gloom of the situation. My 06 Fusion 700 was in its time the biggest Internet lemon that ever existed and for me it was probably one of the most trouble free sleds I've ever owned. 4 failed chaincase doesn't make a pandemic, have a little faith that if you have issues Yamaha will make it right. Enjoy your machines. The most vocal people are always the ones having issues, it's human nature. There are thousands of vipers out there that will never have an issue. My $0.02

The fusion was never really that bad. The 6 and 7 fusions are very solid sleds. Even the 900 wasn't that bad, but once all the updates were added, it wits reliable and solid too. Polaris quit making the 9 due to nvh issues.

Now the procross, yes, has been far worse than any fusion 9 with the issues it has had. The chain case is obviously still an issue even after Yamaha has had their hands on it.

The 3 year yes warranty is a big seller for the viper.

horkn said:
DeerHuntr said:
I understand some people have had issues, I pray to God I don't when I finally get to ride. This is the good and bad of the Internet things get blown all out of proportion and spread like a wildfire. It's nice to hear about possible issues so you can check stuff over and get ahead of it but at the same time it's all too easy to get caught up in the doom and gloom of the situation. My 06 Fusion 700 was in its time the biggest Internet lemon that ever existed and for me it was probably one of the most trouble free sleds I've ever owned. 4 failed chaincase doesn't make a pandemic, have a little faith that if you have issues Yamaha will make it right. Enjoy your machines. The most vocal people are always the ones having issues, it's human nature. There are thousands of vipers out there that will never have an issue. My $0.02

The fusion was never really that bad. The 6 and 7 fusions are very solid sleds. Even the 900 wasn't that bad, but once all the updates were added, it wits reliable and solid too. Polaris quit making the 9 due to nvh issues.

Now the procross, yes, has been far worse than any fusion 9 with the issues it has had. The chain case is obviously still an issue even after Yamaha has had their hands on it.

The 3 year yes warranty is a big seller for the viper.

That's exactly my point. My Fusion was a great Sled, still have it for the wife to ride. But it is forever a bastard child in the eyes of the sled forums. Seems everyone Viper will be too.

I have a 2013 procross 1100 turbo,with zero reverse issues,believe me I was so worried after seeing some 12 models having to drag there sleds off there trailer to drive them,and they had a working reverse,but they were scared to engage the button,am I just lucky mine has worked from day one,maybe! There are a lot less issues with the 13's than 12's but now to hear the 14's are having problems,that is disturbing,i lost my chain and forward gears at 2500 miles,and sense have only got about 200 miles on it,still no issues w/reverse,but now starting to second guess things.

Yeah, I fully understand stand your point. But cats have been doing this reverse issue for its 3rd year already. Polaris had the fusion 9 fixed in what, 1 season?

I'm surprised that this is happening on the new viper after Yamaha has gone over it more than a few times. That's all.

Banks93 said:
Sounds more like viper owners are in denial. Lots of issues with minimal snow is huge issue. These sleds should of been monitored so well by yamaha that even smallest thing should have been right. No excuse for it. You guys paid huge money for this sled and should be treated as such.

I may be in denial but I sure toasted a lot of the doos this weekend!!!!! :Rockon:

Yamadog said:
Banks93 said:
Sounds more like viper owners are in denial. Lots of issues with minimal snow is huge issue. These sleds should of been monitored so well by yamaha that even smallest thing should have been right. No excuse for it. You guys paid huge money for this sled and should be treated as such.

I may be in denial but I sure toasted a lot of the doos this weekend!!!!! :Rockon:

Sweet did you pin your medal on your chest? :sled1:

It still goes back to what the one fella said, those that are the least satisfied will talk the loudest and most often. I have a friend with a 2012 cat pro cross 1100 he has had one issue with it in 2 years and over 2500 miles. The O2 sensor popped out of the exhaust. Other than that nothing, but you will never find him on a forum or the net.

MNUser said:
That bites. Looks like I might have to go in and add the YES for 5 years or sell it and pick up another 1200. Come on yamaha! This is 8ull$hit.

Remember hookers are fun under warranty!

jp111 said:
It still goes back to what the one fella said, those that are the least satisfied will talk the loudest and most often. I have a friend with a 2012 cat pro cross 1100 he has had one issue with it in 2 years and over 2500 miles. The O2 sensor popped out of the exhaust. Other than that nothing, but you will never find him on a forum or the net.
I agree, you'll always hear bad stuff, but people that love their sled are quite ;)!

back to the chain case issue are all of the problems happening on the xtx from what i can see it is. anyone having problems with the rtx or ltx. there are different gears in the xtx but that shouldnt matter.

tator said:
back to the chain case issue are all of the problems happening on the xtx from what i can see it is. anyone having problems with the rtx or ltx. there are different gears in the xtx but that shouldnt matter.

LTX SE!

Blu2U2 said:
tator said:

LTX SE!
do you know what broke/how to prevent it

Back