• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case fluid in Apex

It says right on your belt cover 250ml/8.5oz and don't try rely on the dip stick its all out of wack, just use a measuring cup and pour it in.

Attachments

• CIMG0054.JPG
    CIMG0054.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 154
apltx08 said:
It says right on your belt cover 250ml/8.5oz and don't try rely on the dip stick its all out of wack, just use a measuring cup and pour it in.

Howcome theyre out of wack?

Iv filled my chaincase up with the oil level mentioned on this site and it was WAY higher than the dipstick. Does this mean by if you go by the guage, your running low?

Yamahammer485 said:
apltx08 said:

Howcome theyre out of wack?

Iv filled my chaincase up with the oil level mentioned on this site and it was WAY higher than the dipstick. Does this mean by if you go by the guage, your running low?

If you fill to the REVERSE mark on your dip stick on a "REVERSE" model your to low on oil, with 250ml/8.5oz it'll read a tad below the STD mark or very close to it, why is it off I don't know but it should be addressed,this is why I always measure mine in a proper container and pour it in.

Been running my RX-1 ER with the chain-case oil up to the Std full mark for years. Usually just dump in one of the bottles of chain-case lube. They are 8 oz.

tomanytoyz said:
i always put in my racing gear-oil for boats at 10oz,never any problems.
im running the amsoil marine gear lube. i use it in the atvs too. holds full shear strength with 10% water contamination. ;)!

Back