• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case Reassembly

I knew it would be, but I lost reverse and went through some painful sounds due to too tight on the chain... happen to stop at a very reputable mechanic and right away said one full turn on the tensioner. Mine was at 1/2 turn when I lost reverse and he corrected, now works no issues! I'm gonna stick with full turn for now on.

ln
I always go some where between a 1/2 an a full turn on mine and have never had a problem. I figured it better to be too loose then too tight.

I do the same thing. Never have I messed up doing that.
Great idea, and to help I made up a storage rack, basically a wood base with an upstanding pin, to place each item on in the proper order order as I take them off so they go back on correctly. No yard sale of parts scattered all over the place and trying to figure out wtf.

Yeah.. Make sure you get it back together correctly. I bought a used 07 that started out with trying to figure out why the brake caliper and parking brake where out of alignment to the rotor. Ended up tearing it completely down because there was hardly any oil in it, and a bushing behind the rotor was wrong.(comparing to my 08) come to find out, the bottom inside bushing with the oring was missing, so oil slowly leaked out. Which in turn got the chain hot. Alot of links were mostly seized together. What a mess. Metal flakes everywhere. Someone had put a pair of no slip drive cogs on and had no idea how to put it back together.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thanks I'm trying to get it together correctly. I put on a new track and drivers and now I am having trouble (unsure of myself) putting it back together. Where did that bushing with the o-ring inside go? Was it in the chaincase or outside of it? I thought it went on the backside of chaincase between the circlip 93410-30084-00 and the oilseal on the Chaincase?????
upload_2017-1-3_14-14-27.png
So doe that oil seal go on between 14 and 17?

upload_2017-1-3_14-21-19.png
Does the # 13/14 go between 14 and 17 above.

Great idea, and to help I made up a storage rack, basically a wood base with an upstanding pin, to place each item on in the proper order order as I take them off so they go back on correctly. No yard sale of parts scattered all over the place and trying to figure out wtf.
Been thinking of doing this exact idea, would help a ton!

Thanks I'm trying to get it together correctly. I put on a new track and drivers and now I am having trouble (unsure of myself) putting it back together. Where did that bushing with the o-ring inside go? Was it in the chaincase or outside of it? I thought it went on the backside of chaincase between the circlip 93410-30084-00 and the oilseal on the Chaincase?????View attachment 124860 So doe that oil seal go on between 14 and 17?
The o ring will fit inside of the collars in a slot for them. The oil seals should be press fit into the back of the chain case prior to re-installing onto the chasis. The collars will go on the jack and drive shaft prior to putting on the back of the chain case. You may need to move the shafts around a bit to get the collar centered into the oil seal.

The #14 in the top microfiche or schematic is the jack shaft. #17 is a washer and #16 is Circlip that go on the shaft all the way over to about 5" from the end on the chain case side of the shaft. The collar with the o ring that fits this shaft will butt against that washer.

These sections help more than the exploded views sometimes:
Section-driveshaft.jpg
Section-jackshaft-brake.jpg

Just did another track, shoulda took a few more pics. Just don't lose the little spring in the reverse cog idler set, might have to fool with the forks but you'll know when they are right, yeah, check pics for spacers and shims, and don't overtighten the little bolt in the middle of the cover. They actually come apart and go together very nicely.

Back