• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase dipstick markings-fluid level??

xcsp

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Changed the chaincase lube in my Apex w/reverse, refilled the case(with synthetic of course), let it sit overnight as to get a true reading.

Checked it and on the "Standard" side it is at the max line, but on the "Reverse" side it shows it is at the second "E", which is higher than the max mark on the standard side!

I know there was a lot of discussion of the fluid capacity on reverse-equipped sleds and those w/o but showing two different levels on the same dipstick has me wondering if I should drain some out to get it in between the reverse level and Standard level.

I put 8oz. of Mobile 1 syn. in the chaincase. Then I check it and the fluid mark on the dipstick comes up to the bottom of the reverse arrow marking.

Did a search on the topic and found several pages.

Anyways, when I added the fluid and checked it, the sled was setting on my MarLift stand. Set it on the ground and it read at the low level for Standard, and up to about the 1st "E" on the reverse side of the stick-I'll settle for that as being a suitable level.

Back