• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing bearings on drive shaft and jack shaft

cobra93302

Veteran
I did a search and didn't find out if I need to change the bearings in the chain case the same time I change the bearings on the clutch side. I was thinking that chain case side would be ok, because they are in oil all the time and last a little longer. Just need to know what ever one else did when they change there bearings. Thanks for your help. :rocks:

I've always done both. You have to remove the shafts to get the pto side bearings out so at that point you might as well just replace the other side too. But that is just my opinion. They probably don't need to be replaced like you say but it sure doesn't hurt.

I simply cleaned and repacked the bearings on the secondary side last year. Havent touched the ones on the chain case side yet. As previously stated, they should last longer due to being in oil.

It was the bottom one on the chain case side that blew on mine .When
that one goes you can't even tow it with out causing more damage .I say replace all 4 bearings .

I just had all mine done at 8,800 miles while I was putting a track on. Saw no need to overlook while the track was out... the bearings looked to be in great shape, but I do take very good care of my machine by changing my case fluids yearly. I also repack the secondary and speedo yearly which keeps them cleaner. Good luck

dexter said:
I just had all mine done at 8,800 miles while I was putting a track on. Saw no need to overlook while the track was out... the bearings looked to be in great shape, but I do take very good care of my machine by changing my case fluids yearly. I also repack the secondary and speedo yearly which keeps them cleaner. Good luck

I do exactly the same and my bearings didn't make it to 4000 miles.

undecided said:
dexter said:

Your bearings must of been made on a Fri afternoon. ;):D

Tfin said:
undecided said:
dexter said:

Your bearings must of been made on a Fri afternoon. ;):D

or a Monday AM? whether is clutch parts, exhaust donuts, bearings, or ??? there seems to be a wide range of mileages before some parts wear out and need to be replaced.

My YES warranty has been the best $500 I've ever spent!

brgs

bearings are cheap.a couple 6205s a couple 6206s ,seals are also cheap 35047s and 400526,my cost was $43.
my buddy blew his driveshaft brg and stabbed the track.Those cheap brgs cost him quite a bit more.
remember bearings are cheap,track,and or chain case isnt

Re: brgs

motorman said:
bearings are cheap.a couple 6205s a couple 6206s ,seals are also cheap 35047s and 400526,my cost was $43.
my buddy blew his driveshaft brg and stabbed the track.Those cheap brgs cost him quite a bit more.
remember bearings are cheap,track,and or chain case isnt

yet yami charges $35 to $45 for each!!!!

Back