• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing bearings? Roughly 14 k on my nytro and never have changed any. Easy job?

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
I bought my 2012 xtx with around 5000 km on it and have never changed nor had any problems with bearings yet. Thinking maybe now that I’m nearing 14 thousand km I should look into it. Trying to decide if I should just get the dealer to do the job or is it not too bad? Can they be changed with out any special tools? Thanks

speedo bearing for sure unless some one else has been doing it or repacking it. odds are yes to most of them needing replacement but i always do mine every year and usually end up replacing1-2 in the idler wheels.

Sounds like they are due to be done.
You will need a shop press to get the clutch side jack shaft bearing off - and press new bearing on.
Will will likely need a puller, and bearing driver for the chaincase bearings. And there is a bearing in the chainscase cover that needs a puller to pluck it out, and a press to put the new one in.

If you have the tools, its no big deal. But does take some time.

MS

Back