• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing Skid Frame Shocks

FrozenTows4

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Sold
2017 ZR6000RS
2018 ZR6000 El Tigre
YOUTUBE
FrozenTows1
Can the shocks be removed without pulling the skid?
Or maybe I should ask, is it worth the effort trying to remove the shocks with the skid in place?

X2 Great advice Mtnviper! Its so easy to pull the skid and install.
Yeah, I had the skid out last season for the JT Stealth Kit install. Pretty straight forward.
Being a "bench guy", I'll just pull it and be done. Looking forward to a great season. Cheers.:sled1:

Yeah, I had the skid out last season for the JT Stealth Kit install. Pretty straight forward.
Being a "bench guy", I'll just pull it and be done. Looking forward to a great season. Cheers.:sled1:

Still on the xf7000? 137"? Both shocks can be pulled with the skid in place, honestly though I found I put in a lot more effort rolling around on my back and trying to get my fat fingers up in there while the skid was installed that I was able to pull the skid out and take shocks off in less time than what it took me to pull shocks with skid in, and definitely a lot less bangs on the knuckles with skid removed!

Just completed the task of removing the shocks.
I can not imagine the agony of attempting to remove with the skid in place.
Shocks going to Fox tomorrow. Should feel like a new ride once the snow flies.

You revalving? Should send them to me.
I had thought about that. My Son works at Fox here in Baxter. So I can drop them off before work today. The Foat 3's are getting the Evol kit. The skid shocks are just getting freshened up. Or what ever my Son thinks is best. He knows how we ride, so I'm giving him "chefs choice".
Honestly, I think that I'm the only one, nation wide, that is happy with the Float 3's & Cat IFP's factory settings. The only reason for the Evol upgrade is because I mentioned a vibration while pounding over the stutter bumps at 45-50 mph. Fox/Son said, "I think we can take care of that". Let it snow.

I would do same! I didn’t mind the float 3’s either but the Evols make them much better. Maybe have your son put a good aluminum ifp in the floats though.

Back