• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cheaper replacement mirrors?

yank

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 rs venture
2006 rs rage
1971 elan
Curious if anyone has found an alternative to the expensive oem 8et-26280,90 mirrors found on early rs vector, venture, rage models? Pretty scarce on ebay but there are lookalikes with the 26280 suffix, but different prefix, for half the price.

EF64E9DE-3C81-45E1-8A43-ED9F11D362B1.jpeg

Amazon has this brand name of Ransoto which is a look a like to the Double Take mirrors used mostly on motorcycles. I have the Double take unbreakable mirrors on both of my RS models. Work excellent. I also installed one on my 1200 X . As soon as my brother road my 1200 he bought one for his sled . The ram mounts make them adjustable in anyway you want and can be folded out of the way in 10 seconds. You can move them from one sled to another in 5 mins

View attachment 168602
Amazon has this brand name of Ransoto which is a look a like to the Double Take mirrors used mostly on motorcycles. I have the Double take unbreakable mirrors on both of my RS models. Work excellent. I also installed one on my 1200 X . As soon as my brother road my 1200 he bought one for his sled . The ram mounts make them adjustable in anyway you want and can be folded out of the way in 10 seconds. You can move them from one sled to another in 5 mins
How long are the shafts

I have a 3” on one Vector and it’s ok . I went with 4” double ball mount or shaft on my other two sleds . The 4” gives you more options on where to mount them on the handle bars

I have a 3” on one Vector and it’s ok . I went with 4” double ball mount or shaft on my other two sleds . The 4” gives you more options on where to mount them on the handle bars
Can't find the 4'' double ball mount mirrors on amazon's website. Do you have a part no.

Wow it looks like the supply chain issue has caught up to the Ram mount also. There are some 6” Aluminum ones one Amazon that would work . Just input double socket mount .
iBOLT Aluminum 6 inch Double Socket Arm for All Industry Standard 1-inch / 25mm / B Size Ball adapters
https://a.co/d/cNsia7Z.

I purchased a Polaris mirror PT # 2877222 off EBay for $39 shipped
I actually welded a block to my wind deflector mount
Take nut off and mirrors come off for cover usage
- they do come with a mount for a handle bar

Back