• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ca skis and carbide length

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
So last year I picked up a set of used ca skis. They aren't the razors or the xpt's but an older less aggressive and came with a set of four inch carbides.

Typically I run 8 or 10" carbides due to my stud qty and I figured I would need a longer set after taking it out but to my surprise the push that was so inherent was virtually gone and I could rail around the corners with ease.

With that being said my plan was to get triple (6 maybe 8in) points for this season but based on the ski profile this has I'm starting to question that and stay with either a round bar that's either 6 or 8in.

Looking at the bottom profile there is a taper at the end of the ski on the left and the keel extends a bit longer? Will I ruin my handling by going to 8".
PXL_20230309_033334424_copy_1228x1632.jpg

So last year I picked up a set of used ca skis. They aren't the razors or the xpt's but an older less aggressive and came with a set of four inch carbides.

Typically I run 8 or 10" carbides due to my stud qty and I figured I would need a longer set after taking it out but to my surprise the push that was so inherent was virtually gone and I could rail around the corners with ease.

With that being said my plan was to get triple (6 maybe 8in) points for this season but based on the ski profile this has I'm starting to question that and stay with either a round bar that's either 6 or 8in.

Looking at the bottom profile there is a taper at the end of the ski on the left and the keel extends a bit longer? Will I ruin my handling by going to 8".
View attachment 173251
That looks like an xpt to me. And I would run 8-1” all day long. Take longer to wear out as it’s spread out in more surface area too. Aslong as your arms are up for it I go as I can.

I personally run 10” shapers on c&a xcs on front of my sidewinder

Back