• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check your primary. Re-torque NEW SPECS 108 back off then 43 ft lbs

Does anyone know part # for sidewinder yamaha clutch puller? Seems some say, same as the old ones but I want to make sure its right.

JT I just did mine and it's a 22 mm socket. Mine tightened up quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 mm that's it! I almost posted before but didn't want to misinform. Thanks uprider

CHECK your offset again after retorque!

22 mm that's it! I almost posted before but didn't want to misinform. Thanks uprider

CHECK your offset again after retorque!

I did my offset after retorquing and it was 2 5/16th. So it was within range of the specs.

Thanks Toby!

Offset? How is that checked?

This is getting harder & harder.

Thanks Toby!

Offset? How is that checked?

This is getting harder & harder.

Take a straight edge ruler put it in straight till the front of the ruler is in line with the back edge of the primary. Then measure from there to the front edge of the secondary. Mine was 2 5/16.

Got it. Woke from a nap and forgot where I was. Lol.

Can we hydraulic the primary off when needed? Or do we need tools?

My Advice... retorque the Sidewinder clutches. Mine slipped on the crank a little but it wasn't very tight. It never popped with the pull just came off...
I retorqued it now 106 ft-lbs then 55 ftlbs for the bolt we'll see if that is enough. I'll inspect it again soon.
Interesting, out of curiosity, did any of the boosted 2012-2016 cats need the higher torque values as well, to keep the primary clutch from slipping on the crank ?

Back