• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clearing codes on a 2012 Apex?

sledheadgeorge

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Which one? I have 6
Is this the procedure to use?

"- push and hold the reset and select button in with the key off
- turn key on while still holding buttons in.
- hold for approx. eight seconds and the word "diag" should appear
- push and hold the reset and select button again for two more seconds until the "01" appears
- use the select and reset button to go through the numbers till you reach the number 61 and 62
- 61 shows which code you have and 62 shows # of codes in the system
- go to number 62 and press the hand warmer switch up or down to erase the codes.
- turn off key to reset gauge

I tried this and does not work

If there is an error still, it will not clear the codes. Fix the error and the code warning will go out.

This is what I have in my notes:
4-using either "select" or "reset" scroll until you see #60. There should be a small number below it. (error code)make note of number.
5-now scroll to#64, and again a small number is displayed below it. This is the error log(counter)
5- If it is not "zero" press the "grip warmer button to return to zero.
6-Shut the Ign. off, wait...., then back on again. If the Condition that caused the error is no longer present, no codes will be displayed.
Hope this helps.

This is what I have in my notes:
4-using either "select" or "reset" scroll until you see #60. There should be a small number below it. (error code)make note of number.
5-now scroll to#64, and again a small number is displayed below it. This is the error log(counter)
5- If it is not "zero" press the "grip warmer button to return to zero.
6-Shut the Ign. off, wait...., then back on again. If the Condition that caused the error is no longer present, no codes will be displayed.
Hope this helps.

Correct but if the error is still there.. it will still flag the code instantly. All the years I have had Yamaha and had many many many codes I have never had to clear the codes.. I would just fix the problem.

Back