• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch engagement question

scottt

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 apex gt 2017 sidewinder LTX LE 137"
I've got a 2017 sidewinder ltx le. Stock except for 250hp TD tune,dalton blk/ orange secondary spring and dalton primary weights. I've only rode this sled for 1 season...waiting to ride this season still. Ever since I've had it the engagement has been around 2500 2700 or so. Seemed to go good. Took it to the shop a little while ago for a look over. They told me the primary spring was broken and sent me a pic. They replaced it with another stock red gold. On the trailer I started it and noticed I could blip the throttle higher before it would move. Trying to go slowly it seems to engage at 3500 now. Even with the side cover off the primary doesn't start to squeeze until 3500. Isn't that too high?

Ok thanks. Rpms last season were 9000 to 9050 at the end of the lake. I wouldn't think the new primary spring would change that. And by the sounds of it if I added more weight to the primary it really wouldn't change engagement rpm hardly? I'm assuming this primary spring has been broken the whole time I've had it.

Spring they just took out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_143935_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_143935_Chrome.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 29
You will have to check your full throttle rpm again as the broken spring would have been producing less pressure throughout the shift curve and you most likely will be over revving now and be required to add more weight in the dalton weights to get target rpm.

New spring installed. I guess I'll have to see how everything acts once I can get out and ride.

Attachments

• 20240122_134950.jpg
    20240122_134950.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 24

Back