• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch kits no BS!!!!!

fatworm99

all BS aside... who is the flatout best guys to go to for clutching? all of them want your money but who is actually tellin the truth?

Hauck...Pat Hauck, Jimmy ...need i say more?...their own springs, not yamaha ones and much easier tuning of clutch weights plus you can depending on how much youre looking to spend they have all kinds of clutch kits or a clutch kit with a fuel accelerator kit or a fuel accelerator and air filter kit and clutch kit...all kinds of mix and matches...go with the clutch kit #6 i dont think its listed but ask titus about it

Guy's, I just put a Fixed power sports on mine, what RPM are you seeing till engagement? I am aroung 5,300 to 5,600. sound right? we just installed it and are now trying to tune it.

fatworm99 said:
all BS aside... who is the flatout best guys to go to for clutching? all of them want your money but who is actually tellin the truth?
Turk is the man regarding clutching and I am certain he will chime in. Stock clutching, in general, is pretty good on Yamaha sleds. In terms of telling the truth, Turk and Ulmer will steer you in the right direction.

The more I read, the more I will be trying the drag and Fly's...

I had a hauck kit for a Nytro that I scooped cheap. It was his latest greatest #5 kit. I got it just for testing. It was supposed to be bolt in & go. Nytro is supposed to run at 8800 rpm at wot. This kit saw 8200 rpm. I had to remove 4 grams to make their bolt in kit work. Go with Al,s Ulmers or something I can help you with like drag n fly,s.
I have had real great luck with drag n fly,s for trail & drag racing.

The ones that come with the Voodoo priest.

Seriously though: If I were in the market for a kit, I'd go with Ulmer.

1. Hauck stuff is a complete joke

2. Allen Ulmer and his Dad are class acts. Not only do they track Dyno there stuff they test it in the field. Allen also has the best customer service around.

3. Turk is a Yamaha Clutch tuning legend. He works tirelessly to be one of the quickest guys around his area. If you buy a set of Dragon Flys I'd trust his setup because he doesn't play around!!!!

I have used Bender's kits for all of my Yamahas. I don't know if they are the most aggressive but my RX-1 became a rocket as a result. More importantly I put on (+) (-) 2,500 miles per year so reliability is important. Just bought a kit for the FX Nytro and the RX-1 has had it since 2005 and I still love it. Just my 2 cents.

dirkdiggler said:
1. Hauck stuff is a complete joke

2. Allen Ulmer and his Dad are class acts. Not only do they track Dyno there stuff they test it in the field. Allen also has the best customer service around.

3. Turk is a Yamaha Clutch tuning legend. He works tirelessly to be one of the quickest guys around his area. If you buy a set of Dragon Flys I'd trust his setup because he doesn't play around!!!!

You hit the nail on the HEAD!!!!

I have Ulmer's clutching and his kits to me are great!

Not to mention the great support and customer service!

Back