• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch kits no BS!!!!!

i can vouch for turk,he has clutched both my sled and i have no black rings or grooves in any of my sleds.both my sleds are raced,one is an 08 nytro rtx and the other is an 04 rx1 with a front mount turbo.i havent blown a belt with all his clutch set ups .this is even when he is setting them up for drag racing .i think he knows what he is talking about.i run the drag and flies also on my nytro and the 50/20 heelclickers on my turbo sled set up by him and i win races.thanx turk .

TURK......have you began experimenting with your xtx yet?? Just curious what you've found since the xtx clutching is different than the shorties.

Just got snow. No sense testing till it hardens up & sled breaks in. Clutching will be very close to shortie. Don,t like the white secondary at 70 wrap & that will be changes.

I think that just about every sled that has gone out the door at BPE in the past 3 years has been clutched by Turk, including the ones that make 3x more HP that anyone with a stock Nytro. I honestly don't know of a single customer that has ever blown a belt. I do know of customers that made a few grand last year racing their sleds with Turk's clutching. Unless someone wants to suggest otherwise, I think I probably own the fastest sled right now in Manitoba. Turk clutched it, and there's a certain amount of faith you need in your clutching to hold ~400HP WFO on a lake at 150 real MPH.

As has been already mentioned, Turk doesn't sell anything. If you're looking to buy a clutch kit for your sled, phone Allen Ulmer - you'll get much more than you pay for. If you're looking for advice on how to get the best out of what you have, or what you should add to your set-up to make it work better, I'd listen to Turk.

lakercr said:
I think that just about every sled that has gone out the door at BPE in the past 3 years has been clutched by Turk, including the ones that make 3x more HP that anyone with a stock Nytro. I honestly don't know of a single customer that has ever blown a belt. I do know of customers that made a few grand last year racing their sleds with Turk's clutching. Unless someone wants to suggest otherwise, I think I probably own the fastest sled right now in Manitoba. Turk clutched it, and there's a certain amount of faith you need in your clutching to hold ~400HP WFO on a lake at 150 real MPH.

As has been already mentioned, Turk doesn't sell anything. If you're looking to buy a clutch kit for your sled, phone Allen Ulmer - you'll get much more than you pay for. If you're looking for advice on how to get the best out of what you have, or what you should add to your set-up to make it work better, I'd listen to Turk.
Lakercr, what is Brothers perf. and are they in Winnepeg? Also I'd like to know what you are running with 400hp and 150 mph. That is rediculously fast. I'm just south of ya across the line I'd like to come up sometime and watch you rip the lake in half. 1050THMPR :nos

1050THMPR said:
lakercr said:

Lakercr, what is Brothers perf. and are they in Winnepeg? Also I'd like to know what you are running with 400hp and 150 mph. That is rediculously fast. I'm just south of ya across the line I'd like to come up sometime and watch you rip the lake in half. 1050THMPR :nos

BPE = Brothers Performance Engineering. We make gauge pods, hood scoops and a variety of other goodies for the go-fast crowd. We'ra also a dealer for CPR and Powderlites turbo kits, and do installations, engine builds, and custom fabrication.

Come up 3rd week-end in January. 2000' on snow, see how fast you can go. The big iron gets bumped to the front of the line, so you can do as many passes as you want.

This is what ~150 on the lake looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1FSS05rYc

That's no studs, 128" cobra track.

lakercr said:
1050THMPR said:
lakercr said:

BPE = Brothers Performance Engineering. We make gauge pods, hood scoops and a variety of other goodies for the go-fast crowd. We'ra also a dealer for CPR and Powderlites turbo kits, and do installations, engine builds, and custom fabrication.

Come up 3rd week-end in January. 2000' on snow, see how fast you can go. The big iron gets bumped to the front of the line, so you can do as many passes as you want.

This is what ~150 on the lake looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1FSS05rYc

That's no studs, 128" cobra track.
COOL!! I got some buddy's that would love to do that. I'm tapped out at 126mph on my other sled (firecat 800 big bore) but thats a trail set up. At 150mph you better be paying attention. ;)!

The BPE sled is running a 128 cobra with no studs.
If he had a 14 wide hacksaw with 144 chisels he would easily see another 10-15 mph....probably more.

Turk said:
The BPE sled is running a 128 cobra with no studs.
If he had a 14 wide hacksaw with 144 chisels he would easily see another 10-15 mph....probably more.
You mean an actual 10 to 15 on radar correct? Yeah, I would imagine with 400hp and no studs that it never really does hook up, but still very impressing.

marsh14 said:
http://www.abay.com/alexandriabaynynews690.htm

This what 176.1 looks like.

That is crazy fast, and a really impressive run. I've never run one of my sleds on a plowed ice track with the appropriate track/hardware/gearing - I'd love to try it sometime. I'm sure that a trail sled that pulls 150 on snow with a 1.35" track and no studs would show well :flag:

Back