• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Puller

sxr70001

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder LTX SE
SR Viper RTX SE
I thought maybe one of you guys might know this. I have an older friend with a John Deere gator and the clutch is grabbing which makes it really hard to shift. Sometimes he has to shut it off just to change gears.

My question is this, does anyone know if any of the snowmobile clutch pullers will work on it, I have several brands. Also has anyone ever had this this problem and what did you do?

I thought maybe one of you guys might know this. I have an older friend with a John Deere gator and the clutch is grabbing which makes it really hard to shift. Sometimes he has to shut it off just to change gears.

My question is this, does anyone know if any of the snowmobile clutch pullers will work on it, I have several brands. Also has anyone ever had this this problem and what did you do?
There will be a proper puller. However, if you find a bolt with the correct threads you can pop the clutch with hydraulic pressure. The machine must be tipped up partially on its side. Then pour water or thick oil into the hole. Wrap Teflon plumbing tape on the bolt then run it in with an impact.

Back