• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch shims?

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
I was wondering if the secondary play on the shaft side to side plays a big part. I have no problems but going through the sled during this summer I noticed I'm right at the spec limit 2mm. Should I be worried? If I need to shim it is it best to just use Yamaha part?

Thanks
Subaru2006

You are ok if it bothers you. I always lock my sec down with no free play the reason is because the motor will twist so it will the sec to move too keep it in alignment. With the motor mounts they use today the motor doesn't move much so I set to spect an lock it down.

my clutch has quite a bit of side to side play in it as well.. Is within spec, but had me skeptical if that was normal.. As mentioned above, i dont think the motor should move side to side much, more so then it does back and forth with the torque of the engine. How do you "lock" yours in, with shims??

my 07 was so far out of spec that i was worried about it but not enough to do anything i just kept an eye on it. I was worried about belt life and that was just fine. I put 2000 miles on the sled with almost 1/2 inch of play on mine. it self corrects and rides where it is supose to. im prety sure it would work with out the bolt even in it.

Back