• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch weight needed?

nos

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
I'm going to run 8lbs of boost on a supercharged nytro. If I run the STM weights, what base weight should I purchase? 50 gram or 60 gram? i believe they can add up to 32 grams with the inserts and washers. I may increase the boost ot 10 but no higher. I believe the stock weights are 47 grams.

I would start with 60g. I am at 74g with a Viper turbo at 6.5#. I run Heavy hitters because I like the adjustment better. But the profile is close to the same. i have tested both and always end up real close in weight between the two.

I forgot to mention that I have a head gasket installed and a reflash of the ECU to pull timing. I was told both of these mods, while allowing to run more boost safely on pump fuel, will rob the engine of horsepower. Another member told me that he thinks up to 15%!!!!!

nos, a head gasket or head shim? if your running a head shim why did you want to pull timing?

I initially had the ECU flashed to pull timing so I could run boost safely with pump fuel. Long story short, I opened engine to clean up some SC housing shavings and put a shim or gasket on when it was put back together. I couldn't tell you which it is. I don't' know the difference! I suppose the best option would be go back to the stock timing.

Back