• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 12

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Anyone ever had it? Phazer has code 12 crank position sensor and no start. Weird since was driven home and parked and now code came up with no start.

How long did it sit for? Low battery can cause weird symptoms. Does the sensor check out with Ohm readings?

Crankshaft position sensor resistance:
189 ~ 231 Ω at 20 °C (68 °F)
(Gray – Black)

Check the grounds too, especially the main one from the battery. I had weird gremlins when it was disconnected.

Checked resistance using ohmmeter 4.3m and my spare sensor/stator is 208. The plug is right next to the voltage regulator plug. Checked wires to it and they are not visibly shorted or damaged so sensor must be shot. It is part of stator assy. Glad it decided to fail in my yard rather than on last ride. Second sensor to fail for no apparent reason. It sure looks to me that I will not have to remove motor to get at it. I guess with 12000 mi on it these are the type of things that you have to deal with.

I am doing a stator right now myself, you do not have to pull the engine. Its really not that bad once you start taking it all apart. My wires right from the stator are all burnt off and I have no idea what would have caused it. I can take a few pictures if you like to show you how it looks. Todd

Last edited:
Had to be a short to burn the wires. Those are some big wires to melt. Mine the stator is good but the crank position sensor is shot.

Hey guys. I was just running my sled 2010 phazer RTX with less then 4000 kms. Last month ( Oct) and it started right up like it always did. On Tuesday nov 25th I wanted to started and it was a no start... Turned over till the battery was low. So today (nov 27th ) I drag it onto the garage and have the battery all charged up, garage is warmed up but the sled just cranks and cranks and cranks.... Ugh. I can hear the fuel pump prime, but not sounding like it even wants to fire.
So my question; does the stator failing throw a code.

Yes. Have you tried a shot of fuel or starting fluid into throttle bodies? Easy to do. Just open air box cover.

Back