• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 30. 2009 Nytro XTX

mrosenow

Extreme
Website
www.harrisonstreetmotors.com
I have a 2009 Nytro XTX. I am getting code 30 low oil pressure. If I unplug the sending unit still comes up code 30 and shits off after 20-30 seconds. Checked the sender for continuity. Yes. Fire it up and it goes away so the switch is working and I'm getting pressure. Check the screen in the oil tank. Not clogged. Fire it up with the tank unhooked and oil spews out from the motor. I for sure have pressure. What's the problem? It shuts down after 30 seconds and comes up with the code.

Only thing different is I had a stud go through the heat exchanger and it got hot enough for the light to come on. I didn't overheat the motor. This code came up just slightly after I shut it down because it was getting warm. I didn't drive it all but a mile or so with the temp light on. It wasn't empty of coolant and didn't get hot to the point of damage. I put it on the trailer and took it home. I drove it 48 miles before the coolant leak started.

Coolant leak is fixed and it still gets code 30 and shuts down. I disconnected the battery for over a half hour and it didn't reset the ecu to clear anything if needed.

Only thing I can think of is the wire going to the oil pressure sender is broken. I tugged on it and it is not loose so if it's broken it's not to the point it will pull out.

Can anyone help?

Don't keep starting it you can hurt the motor.. drain all of the oil, put new filter on, check all of the oil lines for any kinks and clean the screen at the bottom of the tank and I would say buy a brand new oil pump and sensor just to be safe if you are handy you can do it yourself if not take it to a dealer, it is a pretty big process..

It's
Don't keep starting it you can hurt the motor.. drain all of the oil, put new filter on, check all of the oil lines for any kinks and clean the screen at the bottom of the tank and I would say buy a brand new oil pump and sensor just to be safe if you are handy you can do it yourself if not take it to a dealer, it is a pretty big process..

It is getting pressure. It's not mechanical. I've already ruled that out. Sender is working fine and tested. Screen is and was clean. Oil os not restricted at all. I'm beyond the basic troubleshooting stage. I'm not a newbie to diagnostics.

You must be the first person that I've heard that put a stud through the exchanger and didn't do any damage to the engine. I'm sorry but I feel you've cooked the head. How does a code come up slightly after you shut it down? Driving a Nytro with the light for a mile is playing Russian roulette with a semi auto. Check your antifreeze for oil.

You must be the first person that I've heard that put a stud through the exchanger and didn't do any damage to the engine. I'm sorry but I feel you've cooked the head. How does a code come up slightly after you shut it down? Driving a Nytro with the light for a mile is playing Russian roulette with a semi auto. Check your antifreeze for oil.

I'm not new to four stroke yamahas. I've overheated sleds tons of times and never done damage to anything. This one I've personally put 6800 miles since new and know it well. I've had it get hot on me and shut down on cold icy trails a few times. I was coming off the lake, saw the light on and turned it off within 30 seconds. It was barely hot and not out of coolant. It runs perfect, has plenty of oil pressure and the motor is NOT hurt. There is absolutely no oil in the antifreeze. The heat exchanger is clean, no oil on it where the tiny hole is and the radiator and overflow are clean. It's been run plenty enough since that of I had no oil pressure it would be toast. No knocks, no lifter rattle, runs perfect. It's not a mechanical issue.

Good luck to you. I hope it's a minor issue then.

Back