• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Commentary on Yamaha.. from a guitarist?

earthling

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 SRX
2006 ATTAK
I thought this video was interesting as almost every comment he made about Yamaha marketing could be applied to Yamaha in general, including snowmobiles.

I have said this for 40 years, Yamaha does not market their products very well. Once someone has their product and experiences it, then they stick with it for all the quality nuances they present. Try getting an outsider to try it is their downfall with poor marketing.

Yep, I was just sharing the video to point out that this was not limited to a single division of Yamaha.

They need to get Johnny Skeptical playin' some head bangin' riffs while Bunny twerks along.

I actually do play Yamaha keyboards - like the sleds they are reliable but rarely cutting edge. Also use Cubase recording software by Steinberg which is owned by Yamaha. Cubase is pretty cutting edge and frequently buggy but it always was even before Yamaha bought them. Unlike sleds, they always add new features no one asked for and break things that always used to work well. Like sleds they range from never to dead slow to fix things people complain about. Watched a vid today about Yamaha VS Mercury outboards, again if you want cutting edge get a Merc, same ol' same old stick with Yamaha.

I actually do play Yamaha keyboards - like the sleds they are reliable but rarely cutting edge. Also use Cubase recording software by Steinberg which is owned by Yamaha. Cubase is pretty cutting edge and frequently buggy but it always was even before Yamaha bought them. Unlike sleds, they always add new features no one asked for and break things that always used to work well. Like sleds they range from never to dead slow to fix things people complain about. Watched a vid today about Yamaha VS Mercury outboards, again if you want cutting edge get a Merc, same ol' same old stick with Yamaha.

Watched the same one, Yammi vs Merc and Yammi vs Suzuki.

I may not be the first one across the lake, but I always seem to get there with my Yammy powered Checkmate. Guys I know who run Mercs? Not so much.
The new SHO line of 4 stroke outboards is making quite the push into the performance boating market with the big tunes now available. You’re starting to see attitudes shift a little quicker than I thought they would.

Back