• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Composit T320 Trail Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Lane

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Nytro ER
Royal Distributing had a good sale on last weekend so I ordered a new track.

Some assembly required but I thought I would try something different. The Ripsaw has seen better days. Its a decent trail track but has always been poor off trail. My sled is never going to be a mountain sled and I wasn't sure how much lug for sure was going to clear. Also most years southern Manitoba doesn't get tons of snow.

IMG_2665.jpeg
IMG_2666.jpeg

I have to install it. I'll also will probably stud the track. Currently the ripsaw has 2,1,2,1... stud pattern. I think maybe I'll try two per window this time.

So you bought a Russian track made by Putin.

I don't think I'd be advertising that especially when living in Canada!

So you bought a Russian track made by Putin.

I don't think I'd be advertising that especially when living in Canada!
Are they not made in MN???????? I swear I read something on their website.

Are they not made in MN???????? I swear I read something on their website.

No, defiantly not. Composit tracks are made in Russia, always have been. They are distributed thru Minnesota by Fett Brothers.

Composit tracks do not have a good reputation for staying together either. I've heard many reports of them coming apart and blowing.

I would never put one on my sled even if it wasn't a Russian track.

Last edited:
Interesting. Well it’s bought now. See how long it lasts. I’m surprised they can even sell the tracks if they are made in Russia.

No, defiantly not. Composit tracks are made in Russia, always have been. They are distributed thru Minnesota by Fett Brothers.

Composit tracks do not have a good reputation for staying together either. I've heard many reports of them coming apart and blowing.

I would never put one on my sled even if it wasn't a Russian track.
Yes that was my track blowout. The Composit track seemed to be a harder/less flexible material, compared to a Ripsaw. I believe the specs showed the Composit to weigh more as well.

Yes that was my track blowout. The Composit track seemed to be a harder/less flexible material, compared to a Ripsaw. I believe the specs showed the Composit to weigh more as well.

Yes, tough to beat a Ripsaw2 or any Camso track for that matter. When Cat came with the Camoplast back in the early 90's the Yokohama went by the wayside fast! Camoplast faster and more durable than anything out there. There is a reason the Russian Composit track is cheap.....

There are lots of people who have purchased poor Camso tracks. Lots of Polaris guys have not been happy with cobra tracks. I'll be running it and I'll give a report back on how well it holds up. I'm hoping it does a lot better than the Ripsaw 1.

got 6000 mi on 1.5" x 15" x 144" track on an apex xtx so far. i do not run studs and it is holding up better than the rip saw 2 i have on my 16 xtx with 8000 km. like how it grabs too.

one tip with them is to run them looser than yamaha spec as a buddy broke a drive axle on the 1st ride with it tensioned to yamaha spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back