• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Confused on Pilots or Tuners

ChiefMn

Veteran
I,ve got an 08 nytro.Rode it one season with stock ski's and woody's duellys.Installed the expansion chambers on the front floats and that greatly improved the ride.Now I just want to get it to turn without getting an arm workout everytime I get on a bumpy ,curvy trail.Which skis with what carbide works best for trail riding. :sled1:

Cant really comment on the pilots, but I just put a set of tuners on my 08.

inside carbide is 6 inch square, outside is 4 inch square, zero darting, feels like it has power steering. No effort at all to get it to turn , can drive the sled with 1 hand on the bars.

i have pilots on my 09 shortie and my bro has the tuners on his 09 XTX....pretty much the same carbides on each (6 in middle and 4 on outside) and they both work great!!!

I prefer the look of the tuner skis on the sled....

Thanks or the quick response.Are you guys that are running 6 and 4 with or without studs?

I had a set of 6.9 Pilots, worked great off trail, worked worse than stock on trail. Have since went back to stock because I ride mostly trail. Also thinking about a set of Tuners.

I just purchased a new 13XTX with tuners that came standard. I can't speak for the pilots but the tuners work well. Well enough for me to buy a Nytro. Every other Nytro to date I have ridden without tuners I hated.

I have an 11 xtx with pilot 6.9s and love how they handle. But, haven't run tuners, so, I can only say they were better than stock skis with duel carbides.

sorry with studs with the pilots and xtx with a 1.75" with the tuner skis

one thing I do find with my pilots skis- if there's fresh snow, they like to float.

Back