• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Converting to Yami

Depends on conditions of course but I would say about 75 miles with a Super Charger. [120 km LOL]

Superchargers use more fuel than Turbos but they are right there all the time.

Sled holds about 7.5 Wisconsin gallons.

TOUR BUDDY , 12 LITERS MORE , AND IS REAR MOUNT LOW PROFILE . PROBABLY GET 100KM, SUPERCHARGED ON STOCK TANK. ARE YOU SHURE THEY STILL HAVE THE DEAL

grumpysanta said:
TOUR BUDDY , 12 LITERS MORE , AND IS REAR MOUNT LOW PROFILE . PROBABLY GET 100KM, SUPERCHARGED ON STOCK TANK. ARE YOU SHURE THEY STILL HAVE THE DEAL

Yes the deal is good through aprl, 15th with the rest of the snow check stuff, and holy 75 miles is not good....thats kind of a game changer. I suppose there is room to strap a 2-3 gallon tank on the rear tunel. i dont want to go through the extra money and trouble to add an entire extra tank. Sounds like a mess,

you can replace the stock tank but expensive , tour buddy half the price and conects to orignal tank so you fill both at the pump and drive away and it empties rear tank first and your gauge works like normal or you can use add on cans , 1 or 2 but you have to stop and dump it it in , why does yam not put a bigger tank , they know the problem for 7 years , and why do we have to pay more than the already crazy price. here we have to travel some times more than 200km tom get fuel so range is IMP.

Koke1 said:
Yes the deal is good through aprl, 15th with the rest of the snow check stuff, and holy 75 miles is not good....thats kind of a game changer. I suppose there is room to strap a 2-3 gallon tank on the rear tunel. i dont want to go through the extra money and trouble to add an entire extra tank. Sounds like a mess,

Anyone on a nytro with range anxiety uses a trail tank($300ish). The trail tank capacity is around 10 gallons and easy enough to install if you can spin wrenches. You can also strap extra cans on the xtx with an exhaust turnout, I believe the there is a doo one that fits perfect.

TrailTank%20003.jpg

RW06GT said:
Koke1 said:

Anyone on a nytro with range anxiety uses a trail tank($300ish). The trail tank capacity is around 10 gallons and easy enough to install if you can spin wrenches. You can also strap extra cans on the xtx with an exhaust turnout, I believe the there is a doo one that fits perfect.

TrailTank%20003.jpg

I can spin a wrench used to hillcross doos..i just have an issue with having to bolt an extra fuel tank on to a brand new sled. damn i wanna try one of these really bad. i know noone that had one...yamis are a lost art in my area

grumpysanta said:
you can replace the stock tank but expensive , tour buddy half the price and conects to orignal tank so you fill both at the pump and drive away and it empties rear tank first and your gauge works like normal or you can use add on cans , 1 or 2 but you have to stop and dump it it in , why does yam not put a bigger tank , they know the problem for 7 years , and why do we have to pay more than the already crazy price. here we have to travel some times more than 200km tom get fuel so range is IMP.

Good question why wouldnt they throw a 10 gallon on there. Most of you are from canada i see and from what i hear you can go a long ways before you see fuel up there. i really just want the realiabilty of the yamaha but this fuel thing kind of sucks. sory for going on about this but a new sled is not cheap and like i said i know noone that rides one

I just came back into the Yamaha fold after riding a Polaris 800 assault for 2 seasons. It was an awesome sled but I could not get used to a 2 stroke and the potential engine issues associated with them (see HCS). I sold it and got a used nytro after riding my dads (his has tuner skis and the oft relocate which I will be adding to mine!). It's not as flickable and capable off trail but the engine and build quality make up for it. Not to mention the extra 75 hp the supercharger adds!! If I was you I'd get the 2014 nytro with factory charger and not look back, there awesome!! :4STroke:

A Nytro will not be nearly as flickable as your Ski-Doo. If your set on a Nytro just be ready to spend a little time and money to set it up. If you buy a $10,000.00 sled and put close to $4500.00 into it is it worth it? I bought the extra three year B.E.S.T. and have a back up sled just in case something happens. Those two items combined were cheaper then all the mods needed to get a Nytro to do what your looking for. Yamaha builds excellent engines that last a long time. That is a fact. The chassis are less then desirable however.

Sorry there is no flicking a nytro around in the tight and twisties. Its more like hog wrestling and i can run with xp's but after 200 miles i just get wore out and if you try to relax a tad and not give it 100% its not gonna turn period while clipping along at a good pace. Buying a nytro you would be moving forward in reliability and motor and clutching quality but backwards in handling.

I have a Nytro xtx with a mcx 180 turbo and the trail tank. Last trip I checked the mileage on 2 tanks and was getting 17-18 mpg. I also have split rail ski's on it for handling. They do take a little effort to ride and get them how you want, but when they are dialed in you can hammer the crap out of them without much problem.

A turbo will get much better MPG then a supercharger.

My SC apex I am lucky to get 11mpg so at 70 miles on my 10 gallon tank I am looking for fuel. Nytros rev lower so they do use a little less fuel but a SC nytro I bet you'll be looking for fuel at 60-70 miles.

I trail ride, ditchbang, and some off trail on my 151 SC apex and the best part of yammie is it just takes the pounding and like you want it NEVER gives me fits on a trip. Off set is they are more work to ride then a XP but heck I need the exercise haha

Back