• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crack Catastrophe

gcr3903

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 RX-1
Catastrophe! I was installing new shocks and powered coated a-arms along with spindles and noticed a crack in the bulkhead. After further investigation, both left & right bulkheads are cracked. WHY? The crack is in a, what seems to me, not a stressed area. But, being a bulkhead, the whole thing’s stressed. I guess I’m glad I found it before a real accident occurred. Anyone have a lead on a set of bulk heads for a 05 RS Venture? I think Rage and Vector will also work. CRAP!! :o| :drink: :die

They are not that difficult to change. I just changed one on my wife's 07 rs vector GT.

There was also a guy in the classifieds who had a ton of delta chassis stuff.

You might not notice because you will be changing out both. I only had to change out one, but learned after a little struggle that you have to dis-assemble and reasseble them together as one piece.

You can get them in/out without messing with the hoop too. It just takes a little encouragement.

gcr3903 said:
Catastrophe! I was installing new shocks and powered coated a-arms along with spindles and noticed a crack in the bulkhead. After further investigation, both left & right bulkheads are cracked. WHY? The crack is in a, what seems to me, not a stressed area. But, being a bulkhead, the whole thing’s stressed. I guess I’m glad I found it before a real accident occurred. Anyone have a lead on a set of bulk heads for a 05 RS Venture? I think Rage and Vector will also work. CRAP!! :o| :drink: :die

Sorry to hear that, any idea how it might have gotten cracked?

If possible, would you ming posting up some pics of it?

Good luck.

Back