• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cracked hood repair

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
My hood is cracked at a bad spot. Any ideas of how to repair? Seems like anything I would try wouldn't hold long term.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpg
    IMG_3824.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 114

Surprisingly a new part isn't all that expensive and with a bit of searching you can get a used one. Honestly I wouldn't bother with a repair, pretty sure my brother picked one up for around 30$

Had the same issue on 17 LTX DX SW (breaks taking side panel off and on) and ordered the part almost a year ago online only to have it finally cancelled after many updates to shipping. Tried a couple repairs that failed but found that JB weld along with small fiber glass mat patch at the two broken spots did the trick

chk on you tube, there is a video of how to do plastic stitch welding with a soldering iron, wrked for me before, if it doesnt wrk , then buy new, no lose in trying.

Can also stop by a local body shop or radeator repair shop, they should be able to plastic weld it, sorry about spelling not my strong suit.

Back