• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cruiserfest, Minocqua WI!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
http://www.snowmobilewi.com/Cruiserfest_2008.html
2008 Cruiserfest
Friday Feb. 8th & Saturday Feb. 9th, 2008

Downtown Minocqua & on Lake Minocqua
Friday: February 8th,

Detail:
Snowmobile Parade ( Everyone welcome!!) 6:15pm Start Food, Drinks & Bon Fire at "The Thirsty Whale" 6:30-8:30 PM (Sponsored by the Minocqua Island Business Association & "The Thirsty Whale"

Saturday: February 9th

American Legion Hall 121 Front Street, Across from Minocqua Post Office.
~Pancake Breakfast 8-11am
~Brat & Chili Feed 11am-6pm
~Craft Show 8-3pm
~Huge Silent Auction 8am-9pm
~DJ "Wolfman" music/dancing 7pm-11pm
Raffle & door prizes all night

On Lake Minocqua Between Thirsty Whale & Bosacki's Radar Runs: by Illinois Valley Winter Sports Club of Marseilles Il.
Registration: 9:30am ~ Races 10:30am 26 Classes (Hard pack and Ice) $250.00 Fastest speed of the day run at 3:00pm plus Trophies Groomer rides and Food Available Snowmobile Demo Rides
St. Germain Snowmobile Hall of Fame Vintage riders coming.

I'm a Minocqua local and new to snowmobiling. It'd be fun to do the radar run and see how fast my new Vector will go under more "controlled" conditions. Does anyone know if there is normally an entry fee for this kind of thing, or are they free for anyone who wants to try?

Entry fee is $15 for 3 runs. I help run the race. The above is slightly misleading. Racing ends around 3-3:30 pm, if there is a tie for fastest speed of the day, then there is a run off, as long as both/all tied sleds are there yet.

dfroster said:
Will Yamaha be on the lake with 2008's to test ride?
Yes. Cruiserfest is on Yamaha's list of scheduled demo rides.
I will be there in the morning. I will be wearing an orange Polaris jacket, black bibs and a plain black modular helmet. If you see me there, dont be afraid to say, "hello". For the most part Im harmless. ;)!

Help.....we run a Yamaha drag sled for radar runs and would like to run it in Minocqua. Here is the problem we waited too long and now we can't find a place to stay!!! Can anybody help or is it just too late????

Yamaha 40th said:
Help.....we run a Yamaha drag sled for radar runs and would like to run it in Minocqua. Here is the problem we waited too long and now we can't find a place to stay!!! Can anybody help or is it just too late????
I don't know how familiar you are with the area but there are alot of towns within 10-20 mins of Minocqua such as St. Germain or Eagle River. They most likely may have places to stay there.

tkuss said:
Yamaha 40th said:
I don't know how familiar you are with the area but there are alot of towns within 10-20 mins of Minocqua such as St. Germain or Eagle River. They most likely may have places to stay there.

I know, but I was hopeing to minimize the driving after the awards!!!! if I can't I understand but I was hopeing for a last min. deal!!!

I stayed at the pointe last year, booked real late and had no issues....it looks expensive but the rates furing the week are great.

Yamaha 40th said:
Try Arbor Vitae Motel
1-800-967-9609 About 5-6 miles north of Lake Minocqua on 51. Small motel. Not a lot of parking for big boxs though. Most of the club guys running the race stay there.

Back