• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve ski install

Doowithblue

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Mach z x (sold)
18- RTX LE
First of all I don't need to tell anyone how much of a beeotch it was. The new bushings curve is sending their customers will help a ton.
Who have used the supplied curve rubbers and who are using the stock rubbers for the Curve ski? I found the Curve rubber does not conform well at all to the spindle bottom no matter what i did or which way I positioned them.. So I went with stock rubbers and ski hangs with tips slightly up which is what you want. Right or wrong this was my findings.

How long did it take to get the skis? I Placed an order on the 16th and still nothing. Can't get in contact with any one either.
Least you got the skis!

I used curve mounting kit and rubbers. Install was perfect, tips up when suspended. Also got my skis in like 3 days from order. UPS.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I just put my skis on yesterday. No issues and I used the rubber blocks provided by curve. I did however use the factory through bolt hardware since the bolts provided by Curve did not have the hole for the cotter pins. Putting the skis on was like 30min. The real time was spent setting the alignment!!! Here's some pics:

x2 on using the stock bolts. The ones curve gives you are wicked long and just look odd. (and don't have the pin hole)

View attachment 124489 View attachment 124488 I just put my skis on yesterday. No issues and I used the rubber blocks provided by curve. I did however use the factory through bolt hardware since the bolts provided by Curve did not have the hole for the cotter pins. Putting the skis on was like 30min. The real time was spent setting the alignment!!! Here's some pics:
I never even thought to check the alignment since I put my Curves on with 0 miles on the sled. How much did you have to adjust?

I never even thought to check the alignment since I put my Curves on with 0 miles on the sled. How much did you have to adjust?
The factory "alignment" was way off, by almost 3/4" and my handlebars pointed right as others have found. Also it was set up with toe in, Curve recommends 1/8th" toe out...So absolutely worth doing!

Alignment way off here too. Had to grind bushings but new ones on the way. Took sled out with curves and sled handles like it's on rails. 192 studs, 6 inch curve carbide runners. Anybody know who makes the runners for them?

Alignment way off here too. Had to grind bushings but new ones on the way. Took sled out with curves and sled handles like it's on rails. 192 studs, 6 inch curve carbide runners. Anybody know who makes the runners for them?
I don't know who makes them, but they look very cheap, even says "economy" on the package. No wear pads or weld at tips. I paid for them, but sure as heck am not going to use them. Ordered a set of doolys as suggested by Mr sled.

Hey guys quick question, I had curves on my viper so ordered a set for my sidewinder, when I ordered them they didn't have the hardware kit out for the sidewinder so I ordered the viper hardware kit as it should be the same. Anyway I was reading in another curve post people were asking which way to put in the curve ski rubbers, as in bigger side in the front or the back, but when I look at my ski rubbers from curve they look to be the same thickness on either front or back of the rubbers. Does anyone have a pic of you curve ski rubbers, maybe mine aren't the right ones?
Thanks

I put stock rubbers back on along with stock bolts like others have posted.

06, you have the "old" rubbers,which will work. The new style have a raised rear so there is some upward pressure to raise ski tips, supposed to eliminate darting. I have a set on the way .

Call curve they will send you a set of the updated ones.

Bought a set of curves from my dealer. Made sure to get the correct mounting kit, they called curve to order the kit. Not a direction with entire kit, so thanks to all who posted pics of mounted curves, helped greatly!
Bushings fit perfect, nice and tight no slop but easy to drop spindle in ski. Rubbers are a different story, a whole hole off. Cannot compress ski / spindle enough to make it work so I used the stock rubbers!
Really want to use the proper set up so I shall ride as is this weekend and talk to someone at curve Monday. Maybe the rubbers are wrong or someone can hopefully give me an idea on how to cram rubber that much. I do have a heated garage and all was warm. How about dropping rubber in hot water for a while? What do you think? Will the skis work ok with stock rubbers? I put on a pair of SJ doolys for carbides because I do not want any darting.

Back