• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve ski question

Just spoke with Curve Tech and found that this is the correct kit. Other kit mentioned has same rubbers just different bushing width!
Yes, I spoke to them also. They said it will be very tight at first, but will loosen upon no time...

As posted before, stock rubbers go on nice and easy and I didnt want to fight with the curves. 5 min and your ready to go. Cant believe that curve rubbers will make it handle any better. Sled rips now with curve skis and friend who has power steering apex couldnt believe effort and ease with which to turn.

Glad to hear those of you who have gotten your skis on are loving them!

Just to clear some things up so there's no future confusion, we had came out with the XS30621 kit this season for the Viper/Sidewinder, the kit was identical to the XS30611 kit besides it came with thicker bushings. Well turns out many people were having problems installing with the thicker bushings so we have reverted back to the thinner bushings that came in the XS30611 kit. So now the XS30611 and XS30621 kits are literally identical...same rubbers same bushings.

Next season it'll be much simpler as we'll just eliminate one of the part#s.

-Cody

Glad to hear those of you who have gotten your skis on are loving them!

Just to clear some things up so there's no future confusion, we had came out with the XS30621 kit this season for the Viper/Sidewinder, the kit was identical to the XS30611 kit besides it came with thicker bushings. Well turns out many people were having problems installing with the thicker bushings so we have reverted back to the thinner bushings that came in the XS30611 kit. So now the XS30611 and XS30621 kits are literally identical...same rubbers same bushings.

Next season it'll be much simpler as we'll just eliminate one of the part#s.

-Cody
Cody, I weigh about 200lbs with all my gear on... I have a 137 LTX-DX and I put Curve skis on it and 144 studs, she pushes in the corners and the steering is so heavy my shoulders and neck muscles kill me all weekend. We did 170 miles last weekend and I could not wait to get off the sled! I just ordered some Burgstrom triple 8" carbides and the ski savers/ shim kit. If I don't get good results, I will have to send them back and go with something else. Any tips other than what I'm doing currently? FYI the rubber spacers I received, the install was easy. It may be because I picked up my sled with my forklift and lowered it onto to skis. But I didn't have to struggle with it the way most people have said?

b7e063bb9a02d41b942f6596a3db1997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b7e063bb9a02d41b942f6596a3db1997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I should mention I have reduced the front ski pressure and have increased the rear preload initially as the chart suggests... I did not get favorable results so I've tried going the other way and lengethgening the limit straps and different block settings in the rear.... to no avail.

Set of Curve Skis in classifieds in case anyone interested.

Cody, I weigh about 200lbs with all my gear on... I have a 137 LTX-DX and I put Curve skis on it and 144 studs, she pushes in the corners and the steering is so heavy my shoulders and neck muscles kill me all weekend. We did 170 miles last weekend and I could not wait to get off the sled! I just ordered some Burgstrom triple 8" carbides and the ski savers/ shim kit. If I don't get good results, I will have to send them back and go with something else. Any tips other than what I'm doing currently? FYI the rubber spacers I received, the install was easy. It may be because I picked up my sled with my forklift and lowered it onto to skis. But I didn't have to struggle with it the way most people have said?

Sorry to hear that! There's a couple things you can adjust to get the desired ride you're looking for.

First I would not bolt on the ski savers/shim kit and the Bergstrom triple point 8" carbides, with that much carbide on the ground you're going to increase your steering effort and the shim kit is going to give the skis more pressure downward in the rear. I would recommend the 9" round bar from Studboy... http://www.curveindustries.com/shopexd2.asp?id=18

As far as sled set up goes remove the rear coupler blocks to give the sled more transfer, these Sidewinders come with very little weight transfer we've found. Then even before touching the limiter strap stiffen the center shock, go in increments of 1/4" until you find the desired ski pressure.

Give all this a try and I'm sure you'll find the ride to require much less effort and be more enjoyable.

-Cody

So what are the 30406 rubbers for? I ask because that is what you sent me for my Sidewinder.

I should mention I have reduced the front ski pressure and have increased the rear preload initially as the chart suggests... I did not get favorable results so I've tried going the other way and lengethgening the limit straps and different block settings in the rear.... to no avail.
You keep skipping over what you actually need to adjust. Set you rear springs back to 1. Set your front springs so that the a arms sit slightly above level with you on the sled. Set transfer blocks to 1. Tighten the hell out of the center spring till the skis lighten up. It will take a lot of tension on that center spring to get the front right. The spring is actually too soft. With this chassis the steering effort is completely dependant on that center spring.

You keep skipping over what you actually need to adjust. Set you rear springs back to 1. Set your front springs so that the a arms sit slightly above level with you on the sled. Set transfer blocks to 1. Tighten the hell out of the center spring till the skis lighten up. It will take a lot of tension on that center spring to get the front right. The spring is actually too soft. With this chassis the steering effort is completely dependant on that center spring.
Interesting, I did try adjusting the rear spring as mentioned but it started to really stiffen up the rear end so I stopped. I will try going with more rear spring and see if it helps... But I feel like the rear will get very stiff...

Interesting, I did try adjusting the rear spring as mentioned but it started to really stiffen up the rear end so I stopped. I will try going with more rear spring and see if it helps... But I feel like the rear will get very stiff...
Not the rear tortion springs the center shock. Let the tortions back out to #1 and tighten the spring on the center shock about 2 turns.

Back