• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve skis updated bushings

Thick part to front or rear? I installed mine with Thick towards front of ski. With front lifted the skis seem to be flat. I had to grind down my bushings about 1/16 each side to get the spindle installed

The thick side of the rubber goes to the rear so it holds the skis tips up and reduces darting.

For those who reused the stock Viper rubbers that came with the Tuner skis I'd rethink using them. The stock rubbers are very similar to the rubbers that Curve replaced for me. They do not have a thicker side so when installed the Curve skis are not tipped up like they should be to reduce darting and maximize performance. I believe with the dual keel skis like the Tuners there is a reduced need to tip the skis up due to their design so the rubbers are fitted to keep the ski in a horizontal position in relation to the ground. A single keel ski which I prefer due to more predictable performance has one downfall and that is they tend to dart so fitting them with the proper rubber is essential.

Updated Curve (left).......................................Stock 2015 with Tuner (right)

IMG_4474.JPG

Last edited:
I bet the old style was a bear to install! That's a lot more rubber to compress with the old style.

Fyi, I got my skis about a month ago, they came with the new blocks and the bushings/spindles fit perfect. Using some strategically placed blocks under the skis and the weight of the sled, mounting bolts went in fairly easy.

The stock rubber thickness is deceiving in the picture. It has two rails on the outside bottom edge that sit down in a grove in the Tuner ski. When used on the Curves people shave the rails off. The old Curve rubbers that are being replaced are tough to compress enough to get the ski bolt through but the new ones fit much better.

The rubber grommets for mount kit XS30611(Procross/proclimb/2014 Viper) were updated last season. The new rubber is higher in the rear, the previous rubber was symmetrical front and rear. The previous grommet will still work we found however the new asymmetrical grommet fit a little better.

The new mount kit for the 2015+ Vipers/Sidewinder XS30621 uses the same grommet as the XS30611 so it is higher in the rear. If you have any questions give me a call at 315-841-8730.

-Cody

I just put the first 100 miles on my new curves. I also installed them with the stock rubbers and it seemed ok to me. Maybe I tad bit of darting, Maybe I will try the new rubbers from curve. I cant believe the difference from the tuner skis. I have a 15' XTX and it pushed so bad, it was 50/50 of blowing a turn or not. Now I can ride with much more confidence. I also have the hygear link with the dual canister in the rear (still trying to find the sweet spot) and dual rate spring in the front center. It just keeps getting better and better. Next will be the hygear canisters for the front. I sure wish it just came with the fox coil overs!!

Back