• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve skis

SideHogger

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ltx-Le Sidewinder
Having fitment issues. Spindle bushings are 75 millimeters, inside ski bushings 72.4. Obviously skis will not fit onto spindle. Have seen problems with loose fit but not too tight. Any suggestions on how to make it work? Can't call Curve on weekends to ask.

Yes! No worries......this was done intentionally.

I happened to drop off my curves to my dealer as they opened the crate. Since the skis were off anyways....I had them mount the curves. They called and mentioned the bushings were tight. I said grind them.

Fast forward to a few days ago, and I spoke with curve's technician on a set for my AC. I mentioned the grinding.

It seems on some vipers, the old hardware was loose. Curve bumped up the thickness on the bushing to clean up the slop on variances.

So you may have to grind down a bit of the ski bushing. This is normal and built into the bushing.

Don't sweat it.

Q. Arrius

Take a c clamp and a socket bigger than the small part of the bushing. Put the socket on the outside of the ski and use the clamp to press the bushing in a little further. It will give you a little more room. Mine would not go on till I did that. After that I got them under the sled while it was on my stand and lowered the sled onto them. They are tight but fell into place.

Thanks for replies but will grinding melt the ski and I dont understand how the socket trick works?! How is the bushing going to go further into ski when the flat part of the bushing will only let it go so far from the inside? I would think the socket would just press in around bushing and into the plastic while the spacer goes nowhere.

Thanks for replies but will grinding melt the ski and I dont understand how the socket trick works?! How is the bushing going to go further into ski when the flat part of the bushing will only let it go so far from the inside? I would think the socket would just press in around bushing and into the plastic while the spacer goes nowhere.
Mine had a slight gap with the small part of the bushing flush with the outdide. I'm talking a couple 100ths. It was enough to get them on using the weight of the sled.

Mine had a slight gap with the small part of the bushing flush with the outdide. I'm talking a couple 100ths. It was enough to get them on using the weight of the sled.
I will check mine later this morning to see if I can move them some more if not looks like grinding method which would be a lot easier to do before you put them in. You would think curve would just size them right!

From what I was told by Curve, it's very recent and specific to the Viper/Procross hardware. This was to combat the variances coming from AC.

I think it's fair to point out, that most companies would say, sorry about your luck....blame AC, we make the most common thickness. Instead, they took the initiative to literally stop the hardware production, increase the bushing thickness....and make sure we could remove material for a clean fit. Much better than adding washers.

Shows me they listened to their customers when they report in, and more important....they reacted to the reports.

Q. Arrius

Mine were tight as hell too but with a big flat screw driver and some force, they go on. Once the are on the plastic will take set and you should be fine.

I already replaced my black curves on the SW with red ones. ( black ones got put on the f800.). The red was a great match, btw.

Curve sent an extra set of bushings, specific to the sidewinder, without asking. Even though I was ordering the AC hardware and ordered on-line after a brief call to technical services....the spare bushings were added.

The point is....clearly they are in-tune to customer needs and sled variances, and obviously react quickly.

I'm impressed.

Q. Arrius

I ended up grinding them down to make them fit . Spindle bushings are 75 millimeters and skis measured 72.4 . I tried everything else and had to grind . I agree with you on Curve Ind. I purchased black skis on ebay and they took them in on trade for white ones, no problems at all. Dealt with a man named Cory and can't say enough good things about him.

Another question guys - which way does the rubber go in? Big side to the front or the back of the spindle?

I called and was told they knew the bushing were wrong for the sidewinder
They were going to send new bushings out the next day
That was two weeks ago
There customer service is lacking quite a bit

I just called and talked to Cody @ Curve - large part of the rubber to the back of the spindle.

Back