• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dead Viper

Kill switch? The cluster comes on with the key even with the switch off. Start simple and go from there....

Give it just a touch of throttle.. maybe the tss is f ed up

Turn the key on and off a few times to prime the fuel pump.

Lots of peoples friends have problems with there sleds. I have a buddy with an XM 800 etec and just blew the motor in first 20 miles. Friend with a RMK took drive shaft out on first climb of the day...

Make sure the battery is fully charged. These new sleds are very finicky as to battery strength. Why? Im not really sure but it seems to be the case and Yamaha is aware of it.

I just went through this with my 2012 nitro...turn over was normal but would not start,checked battery said it was weak put new battery in and it took right off.

sounds like battery. when it is cranking, if it drops the voltage to the coil packs below 10volts, they wont fire. One bad cell will get it there.

By chance was the OEM tether put on the sled? My Viper had issues with this so the dealer disconnected it and it starts fine now.

This has happened to my viper many times already...I dont think its the battery. It typicallyhappens after the sled is warm and you shut it off and then try to start it shortly after. I cycle the fuel pump twice and then it pops right off. I think its a mapping issue

Back