• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Delete

Nytro77

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha nytro
Okay so I finely decided to take the jump and remove the tunnel protectors off my 2010 Nytro xtx to get rid of the icing issues and to upgrade to a new 2" track. So as carful as I was removing the front tunnel protectors off the cooler (exchanger) I accidently struck the cooler ( circled in pic) with the Dremel....lol bad nerves got the best of me I guess. It looks worse in the pic just curious is this something to be worried about? is there lots of thickness there? I feel its ok and it doesn't leak by no means just looking for a second opinion to make me feel better...lol

Attachments

• Cooler .jpg
    Cooler .jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 97

I did this with a ‘stud” years ago and cleaned with alcohol and put a glob of JB weld on it and rode for over 10k miles with out issue.

I did this with a ‘stud” years ago and cleaned with alcohol and put a glob of JB weld on it and rode for over 10k miles with out issue.
Did it actually go through your cooler? like was it leaking?

Yes it leaked badly before sealed with JB Weld. This is a fairly low pressure system and I put it on thick and never had an issue over several years and as I said over 10k miles after repair.

Okay so I finely decided to take the jump and remove the tunnel protectors off my 2010 Nytro xtx to get rid of the icing issues and to upgrade to a new 2" track. So as carful as I was removing the front tunnel protectors off the cooler (exchanger) I accidently struck the cooler ( circled in pic) with the Dremel....lol bad nerves got the best of me I guess. It looks worse in the pic just curious is this something to be worried about? is there lots of thickness there? I feel its ok and it doesn't leak by no means just looking for a second opinion to make me feel better...lol
I wouldn't even worry about that. The coolant runs much deeper in the exchanger. They can take quite a bit of abuse.

If you have or can rent a cooling system pressure tester, test the system and see if it leaks. I don't know what pressure our systems run at but typically, most are 15 psi so you could pump it up to that and look for a leak. Alternatively you could run it until it get up to temp and pressure and look for a leak that way.

I haven’t seen the cross section of a nytro cooler but most of them don’t have coolant in in the fins. If that’s the case you have nothing to worry about.

Back