• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did Ski-Doo just match Yamaha in the 4 stroke department?

My 2 cents. I'm so glad Yamaha stopped 2 strokes back when. Can't stand the lingering smell of two strokes in my helmet at all. I mean riding along in open country fresh air and scenery then throttle jockey motorcross wanna bees coming screwing by screwing up the corners and trails mean while polluting the hell out it. I can imagine how there clothes stink as well.
I'm blessed that I have the money and resources to goof off during the week were I can ride weekdays and none of that weekend crap per say. I hike weedends up were no machines are allowed.

Not sure who all watched the 2022 skidoo release, the Lynx section now makes sense with zero groomed whooped out standing 100% of the time riders. All these kids in UP with back packs and shovel on a mountain sled standing the whole time going down the trail, they moved here from Finland.
:rofl:

Last edited:
Not sure who all watched the 2022 skidoo release, the Lynx section now makes sense with zero groomed whooped out standing 100% of the time riders. All these kids in UP with back packs and shovel on a mountain sled standing the whole time going down the trail, they moved here from Finland.
:rofl:
I noticed this seems to be the trend, why would anyone by a mountain sled with a 154/163 inch track with 2.5- 3 inch lugs narrowed front end with a race can on to run 80% of the time standing up cat walking on groomed trails looking for drifts to play in, Ski Doo is making a clean fortune from these guy's.

I noticed this seems to be the trend, why would anyone by a mountain sled with a 154/163 inch track with 2.5- 3 inch lugs narrowed front end with a race can on to run 80% of the time standing up cat walking on groomed trails looking for drifts to play in, Ski Doo is making a clean fortune from these guy's.
This gets old. Something for you to think about.
Off trail guys use the trail to get to good spots. Most never even hit 50mph on trail. If trail guys are going 50mph or more you will see a lot of Offtrail guys on trail because you are covering more distance and overtaking. Off trail guys usually do not have near the suspension a on trail sled has. set very soft,no swaybar. That means you ride it like a dirt bike on trail. Most decent dirt bike guys also don’t sit down. The backpack probably has food or supplies in it so they can stay off the trails longer. Just saying don’t knock it till you try it.

Off trail guys use the trail to get to good spots. Most never even hit 50mph on trail. If trail guys are going 50mph or more you will see a lot of Offtrail guys on trail because you are covering more distance and overtaking. Off trail guys usually do not have near the suspension a on trail sled has. set very soft,no swaybar. That means you ride it like a dirt bike on trail. Most decent dirt bike guys also don’t sit down. The backpack probably has food or supplies in it so they can stay off the trails longer. Just saying don’t knock it till you try it.
I can honestly say I will not be riding a mountain sled, young guy's game, we do not have any mountains or enough deep snow to really get one, that's why I am a little puzzled in this area, my experience with the pack backs I don't think these guy's are carrying the supplies you speak of, mostly stuffed full with beer.

That is right my mtx 162” doesn’t belong on the trial and I don’t hardly use the seat but like connondale said but sometimes the trial is the only way to our favourite spot

Yeah.. I get that, here you would have to trailer to the Highlands or NFLD or Quebec to get the deep stuff and mountains, we only get a foot or two at best in this area with a very short window it seems before its rained away, but still lots of them running the trails here as trail sleds I guess is my point.

The problem here in VT/NH is there is NO PLACE for off trail riding!!! If you ride off-trail it better be on your own land or you better have written permission. It is a huge problem here and land is getting shut off because of it. If the paper companies here start to shut off land , we are in big trouble, and they HATE off trail riders!!!
Sorry for the off topic rant, but here on the east coast, with the exception of maybe Maine, Off trail riding is getting to be a big issue, it starting to close trails for us trail guys.

Same in Ontario. Losing so many trails to off trail riders. So maddening
It is a problem. The trail marking guys try to figure out ways to position the stakes because so many idiots are cutting corners. I don't know why guys cut corners. I mean you are out to ride right? So why shorten the ride? Makes no sense!
In addition, I came up behind groups of riders this year and one or two thinks they should just drive all over the place outside of the markers!
There is always the goof who drives into an open ditch because he/she decided to cut a corner or drive outside the markers. SMH

It is a problem. The trail marking guys try to figure out ways to position the stakes because so many idiots are cutting corners. I don't know why guys cut corners. I mean you are out to ride right? So why shorten the ride? Makes no sense!
In addition, I came up behind groups of riders this year and one or two thinks they should just drive all over the place outside of the markers!
There is always the goof who drives into an open ditch because he/she decided to cut a corner or drive outside the markers. SMH

Maybe we should start a separate thread.lol

I live close to the OFSC A trail lake access.
The 2 stroke "Racer Boy Junior Whanabees" are going to eventually get the access closed due to their on off throttle habits, open exhaust, noise maker, power robbing, cheap cans.
For the life of me I don't know why they bother having seats on their sleds as they stand up all the time!
Also they never have trail tags!

Last edited:
My understanding is Quebec has outlawed the powder wanna bees. They have no place except the mountains. Not enough snow anywhere else. Just a matter of time before it happens in trail country.

Yup I remember years back my good buddy with a 200 acre farm just outside of Brussels ONT shut the OFSC trail because of riders all over his property

We are having problems to, alot of blueberry farmers that have huge fields in some trail area's give us access to cross there fields on their road the have through their fields, as long as you stay within the markers no problems, but these fields create huge drifts on the edges of the farmers fields, these off trail cowboy's with 2.5 -3 inch lugs are ripping the heck out of these fields to get to the drifts, some cases its last warning from the farmers before he gates our access and loose our trail, some of these accesses are crucial to are trail systems, its becoming a huge problem, not sure what we can do about it.

Back