• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does anyone have a new Power Steering sled to report on at all?

KnappAttack

24X ISR World Drag Racing Champion
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
I haven't seen any reports on them anywhere really.

The last power steering Apex I had I wasn't real impressed with myself and sold it right away, but I was running 1200 Doos at the time. I'm sure the Thundercat or winder would have the power to overcome the added weight.

And I'm talking about the factory 22 sled. Not the aftermarket add on unit.

I'm thinking about ordering if the colors are decent. I'd like to have the old school ThunderCat in black and green myself. Had a 20 That in here recently and its looked so awesome. SRX would be cool in all Red too! That fella that built the one in all red was really cool!

Last edited:

The guys I know that have been on them love them. Say it’s worth the extra$ For sure.

I haven't seen any reports on them anywhere really.

The last power steering Apex I had I wasn't real impressed with myself and sold it right away, but I was running 1200 Doos at the time. I'm sure the Thundercat or winder would have the power to overcome the added weight.
No first hand experience, but a friend of mine met up with a fella that had the T-Cat with power steering. Over 4000 miles he had racked up, and had nothing but praise for it.

I've heard rumors that 2023 Cat's will have black tunnels and no gray. We shall see.

My local dealer sold 3 eps thundercats. One came through with a bad voltage regulator. He said all 3 owners are smitten with the EPS.

I did get a chance to try a 2022 SW XTX this weekend with the latest BOP kit. I will have that kit next season.

Was up in northern Ontario over the weekend and a LTX GT pulled up at the gas station while we were there, chatted for a few minutes he came off a 2018 SW and said it’s a big difference.. Seeing the GT in person, it’s a sharp looking sled on snow.. He also said he took delivery mid December.

My buddy gets his in April? Maybe. I’ll report how it idles in the garage! Not many of these sleds on the trails Mike. Matter fact in 1600 miles I only saw 2 new 2022 sidewinders. None of the EPS. My buddy said he saw one at Bents camp radar run weekend. Guessing it was the one sold at port Washington.

I've got the ST-X GT. Love it. PS much better than on my 2021 RS Venture TF. Stronger at little to no speed, but more or less dissappears at trail speeds, except when there is a sudden whack to skis - it absorbs the shock of that.

I've got about 4000km, no issues except 2nd time I started the sled it threw a code - went away after a restart, no issues since.

The power steering only works up to 30 mph I read somewhere on the 2022’s

My buddy has one. Loves it! He raced XC so value his opinion. Apex,Poo850 and Sidewinder owner. Put C&A Pros/Studs on it and rocks. His exact words were the most refined easiest sled to ride ever. Everyone who has ridden it says same. I havent gotten chance to yet.

My buddy has one. Loves it! He raced XC so value his opinion. Apex,Poo850 and Sidewinder owner. Put C&A Pros/Studs on it and rocks. His exact words were the most refined easiest sled to ride ever. Everyone who has ridden it says same. I havent gotten chance to yet.
Do you know what carbides he's using?

I'm on the stryke skis with mission offsets, and while a lot better than stock carbides, it does still dart a bit, so looking for the best alternative setup.

Do you know what carbides he's using?

I'm on the stryke skis with mission offsets, and while a lot better than stock carbides, it does still dart a bit, so looking for the best alternative setup.
Yup Studboy Shaper bars. He never talked about darting so either the Powersteering masks it or he never had it yet.

Does the power steering have extra steering slop in the handlebars?

Does the power steering have extra steering slop in the handlebars?
I don't have another "sidewinder" exactly to compare it with, but compared to my brother-in-laws 2017 ZR6000 (sort of a sidewinder, I suppose), there is no extra play that I can detect. But I can't say that I've intentionally tried to find out, just nothing that has jumped out at me.

I don't have another "sidewinder" exactly to compare it with, but compared to my brother-in-laws 2017 ZR6000 (sort of a sidewinder, I suppose), there is no extra play that I can detect. But I can't say that I've intentionally tried to find out, just nothing that has jumped out at me.

Thank you

Back