• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does anyone ride in Central MA Clinton/ Berlin>

Ryanmlt1

Does anyone ride in Central MA Clinton/ Berlin or want to? I really just want to tear up some fields im not registered in mass just Maine. Do you know of a good trail. I know some in Berlin but they all require some road riding which I don't prefer since the cops can be tough on recreational vehicle out there.

I want to get a itch out during this storm. Otherwise I'm not taking them off the trailer and waiting to go north at the end of Feb.

Register your sled and go ride. If you can afford a sled, you can afford the registration (Or fine from not having it). My 2 Cnets

Never have ridden in my home state of MA. Seem to never have decent conditions. My riding has always taken place in Maine.

Vmax4 said:
Register your sled and go ride. If you can afford a sled, you can afford the registration (Or fine from not having it). My 2 Cnets

Well because I have mine and my girlfriends and between registering and paying sales tax down here will cost around $500. Its hard to justify $500 for being able to ride a few days a year down here and even if it snows it usually melts in a few days... I just want to play for a few hours...

I feel your frustration and totally agree with your train of thought - this too is the reason why I simply don't ride in MA.

I understand you simply want to tear it up in the fields but it's important to also remember that those fields are possibly owned by someone or the state/ federal and doing so without permission simply gives our industry a shitty name.

I know when folks go off the marked trails and tear it up, land owners simply say to the clubs 'I'm shutting it down' and then the trail gets diverted in most cases to a real shitty trail.

Remember I'm a rider just like you, I enjoy tearing it up just like you and I certainly enjoy great trails and having the communities welcome us through so we get to enjoy this great winter hobby.

Ride on, be safe!

I now live in Worcester, Ride in Maine. This year I registered, joined a club and purchased a sam trail pass. all about for 120.00. I am hoping to get out in the rutland area on saturday and try the local trails out. I did not have to pay sales tax on my 2010 since it hasn't been here in Mass till this fall. It took alot of work to get all this in order but I figure it would be nice to get out for some local rides without traveling to maine 4-6 hours to ride. I would not recommend attempting a ride here in mass without proper documentation( Ticket really expensive)
My 2 cents
Blue ;)!

Bluebullet said:
I now live in Worcester, Ride in Maine. This year I registered, joined a club and purchased a sam trail pass. all about for 120.00. I am hoping to get out in the rutland area on saturday and try the local trails out. I did not have to pay sales tax on my 2010 since it hasn't been here in Mass till this fall. It took alot of work to get all this in order but I figure it would be nice to get out for some local rides without traveling to maine 4-6 hours to ride. I would not recommend attempting a ride here in mass without proper documentation( Ticket really expensive)
My 2 cents
Blue ;)!

Hi Blue, I took your guys advice and joined the Harvard Club and got my Sam sticker. We rode there trails tonight. We broke trail and got lost alot. They are very tight trails only got to open her up a few times. It was dark as well. They do have a groomer and said they would groom this weekend.

We might go to Rutland Saturday as well and park off 122 hopefully they will groom. Maybe I will see you there.

-Ryan

Back