• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

drive axle bearing,,,

lucky_7 said:
UPDATE: I checked both the drive shaft and the crank shaft bearings, and the drive shaft bearing was indeed bad! I looked exactly like the one in the pic on page 1.

The crank shaft bearing looked good.

That's "Jack Shaft" bearing not crankshaft. If we had to check the crankshaft bearing we'd be in trouble.

lucky_7 said:
UPDATE: I checked both the drive shaft and the crank shaft bearings, and the drive shaft bearing was indeed bad! I looked exactly like the one in the pic on page 1.

Do you mean the jackshaft bearing? Or chaincase bearings?

Its not a 62 number it was hard to match up at and aftermarket supplier, I would recommend just going to the dealer and sucking it up. I got one for my Attak a few years ago from an aftermarket supplier but the set screws were smaller, he tried for days to get an exact match and he couldn't. It was $20 cheaper than a Yammy one.

LJ 452 said:
lucky_7 said:

That's "Jack Shaft" bearing not crankshaft. If we had to check the crankshaft bearing we'd be in trouble.

What's this "we" sh!t!!!

Aha...both of mine were shot too!

So far, the annual replacement parts are:
-Both idler wheels
-Exhaust donuts/clamps
-Drive shaft bearing

We need a "yearly maintenance" post with the list of all things that need to be done before people ride for the year. Its hard keeping up with multiple posts when you might miss something. Also, all these little repairs/jobs we have to do, pretty much sucks when you don't have a garage (like me) to put it up in and work on it. Joys of riding I suppose.

Back