• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Early dyno reports (850R)

It is a lesson on how rider forward ergonomics, long travel suspensions, tall track lugs, and long tracks over 129" have robbed efficiency from sleds. A completely stock 140 to 150 hp sled like a Vmax4, SRX triple, or an original Apex could easily break 110 mph on the hard pack but now it takes 160+ hp for sleds to break 100mph. One of our riding buddies has had two different 850 Renegades that won't come close to 100mph gps on a rail bed and I could get into why the current Ski Doo's are relatively slow on top end but that's a whole other thread.
Yep, My 2022 Rave 850 won't break 100 mph. My 20yr old daughter walks by my Rave on her 2016 Viper at about 90mph all the way to 105 for her.

Last edited:

I understand and I’m saying that’s bad because honestly a 600 should do that on glare ice in 2000 ft.
This was my sled prior to anything done last season. Had 128 1.63 triggers and stock everything else with 60 miles on sled.
Josh, those #'s are solid, but its comparing apples to oranges. At 94mph, how much longer b4 she laid down? idk?!?! You know what I mean. Imho, 110mph from either 2s turbo is about right. Always exceptions out there.
I hope you'll spend more time on your T.C. this year. Lol. Cuz things will become more relative. Haha...
Need me to stop by and wax her up, let me know. I got this ceramic stuff, helps cut thru the wind, if you know what I'm saying.

I understand and I’m saying that’s bad because honestly a 600 should do that on glare ice in 2000 ft.
This was my sled prior to anything done last season. Had 128 1.63 triggers and stock everything else with 60 miles on sled.
That's a quick 1/8 mile for a stock sled for sure...the 1.2 percent down grade would have helped a bit....must have been a road or rail bed?

I was out in a hard pack field by my shed
Yes downhill helped a bit
It was minimal snow
I let off the throttle as you can see
It runs in the neighborhood of 100 or a bit more now in 500 ft

You must value his honesty. As his financial resources are seemingly limitless.
Back in the day he would build his sled and give details as to what he did and how it helped or didn't.
If he aspired to have a very fast sled, it would be ready for next week. Not playing even a little.
Back to the sled, it is what it is. And it's 100% stock, and at least he has a point of reference to build off of.
BTW, what does a completely stock boost run, I have no idea?
Strike that last comment, I do have an idea.
Even worse, the speed was in KPH! lol!
My old mach zs were faster. As were many srx's. And thundercats. Im happy with my stock sw. Smooth, 15mpg even playing a little, no real worries, only if the belt has 2000 miles on it. Best sled ever, for me. Shame Yamaha didnt continue.

Couldn't agree more, Bob. Crazy how far we haven't come, since the 80's
Same thing applies to the Corvette.... seemingly repackaging it, over & over. As long as sales are up, right?

None that I'm aware of. I only posted as it follows along with the thread theme.
And like Bob stated, what's changed in the last 30yrs?
I guess I'll invest some money in an old triple see how it goes. Still have $22k in my pocket. Lol. and that's not picking on any brand, just the way I see things
My friend down south dumped his new 2023 vette, I guess they have issues. Ordered a new 2024 z06 and got to see it built. Beautiful car, but waaay too much tech to go wrong, spying,data collection, and no manual trans! I think a 69 427 man trans is about my speed...

New Yamaha 4 cylinder right up the road JT

Attachments

• IMG_1454.png
    IMG_1454.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 85
It's such a rush to see Hypersports sled run on video! Would love to see it in person...

Says it’s hypersports apex motor to make Yamaha guys happy! Lol
P55 motor

Even worse, the speed was in KPH! lol!
My old mach zs were faster. As were many srx's. And thundercats. Im happy with my stock sw. Smooth, 15mpg even playing a little, no real worries, only if the belt has 2000 miles on it. Best sled ever, for me. Shame Yamaha didnt continue.
Getting harder and harder to find old iron parts. Xcr 800 water pumps and rebuilds being one of them

One of th main reasons I put mine up even though I loved that sound and did everything to keep "that one sled" alive as it hated life.

Back