• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Electronic push button reverse

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
People who have this on there yamaha's what do you think of this..How is it compared to the manual one.
What are the Pro's & Con's. If you have owned both versions which one do you like better. Has anyone had problems with the push button ones.

Rich

The one on my 2007 phazer works whenever it feels like it, but the newer ones on the Vipers and sidewinders seem to work great

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

With Phazers and Venture Lite/MP, it's a very moody system and works when it wants to, both mechanically and electronically. Lots of posts on these issues. No idea on the other sleds.

After having to shut off my s
With Phazers and Venture Lite/MP, it's a very moody system and works when it wants to, both mechanically and electronically. Lots of posts on these issues. No idea on the other sleds.
Funny, after having to shut off and restart my Phaser every time I wanted to put it in reverse last year it's been behaving itself perfectly this year with zero maintenance over the summer.

don't like it, Give me a frigen mechanical lever! Then again I have a Phazer which has a temperamental reverse. Can't stand push button 4x4 on vehicles either, never seems to work reliably after the miles rack up, wasn't happy Ford quit offering a 4x4 lever on the F150.

Although I never have any problems with my reverse on my Viper, I believe it is unnecessary on a four stroke. The system on 2 stroke were the motor turns backward is cool and saves weight. It saves no weight on four strokes when you add the actuator and wiring. It complicates the chaincase. The mechanical reverse works fine and has less chance of failure, and if it does fail can be tended to on the trail. Those who complained that Yamaha was behind because of no electric reverse on the Apex/Vector were lazy and don't understand what they were talking about IMO

Although I never have any problems with my reverse on my Viper, I believe it is unnecessary on a four stroke. The system on 2 stroke were the motor turns backward is cool and saves weight. It saves no weight on four strokes when you add the actuator and wiring. It complicates the chaincase. The mechanical reverse works fine and has less chance of failure, and if it does fail can be tended to on the trail. Those who complained that Yamaha was behind because of no electric reverse on the Apex/Vector were lazy and don't understand what they were talking about IMO

I would like to know exactly how the electric reverse work.

TrueBlue, searches in the Phazer or MP/Lite sections will quickly yield all anyone could possibly want to know. There are some really good threads with tons of pics. Kudos to the members that have contributed, ... I'M STOPPING NOW BECAUSE THE MOOSE JUST POSTED AS I WAS TYPING THIS AND HE KNOWS HOW TO LINK ALL THIS.

TrueBlue, searches in the Phazer or MP/Lite sections will quickly yield all anyone could possibly want to know. There are some really good threads with tons of pics. Kudos to the members that have contributed, ... I'M STOPPING NOW BECAUSE THE MOOSE JUST POSTED AS I WAS TYPING THIS AND HE KNOWS HOW TO LINK ALL THIS.

I would like to buy a 2018 Vector. Did yamaha fix all the problems for all the 2018 models that the previous years t had with the electronic reverse. If not, maybe I should look for a 2017 instead
Any suggestions.

vectors have mechanical reverse.

You could have problems like a person I know that has a new skidoo and have the thing go into reverse when he was going down the trail at about 50 mph.

I had a 2014 XF9000 Cat with the push button (which is the exact same as the Viper and SW) and it wouldn't work half the time, even after update. Maybe the SW is better though seeing as it isn't Cat electronics?

Have numerous Apexs and RX1 and as long as it is put together after chain case is apart, has always worked flawless.

I'll take mechanical over the electronic on a 4 Stroke anyday.

Back