• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

End of season storage

Ridgehunter

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha venture
Hey everyone,just back into a snowmobile after 15 years.Just picked up a 2015 yamaha venture with 300 miles on it,never had a 4 stroke before,just want to know what to buy as far as fogging oil and fuel stabilizer for fuel injection for summer storage . Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Well, since I've been known to take a ride in summer on the grass drag strip (semi pro guys still use it and even mow it for me), I just put in a few gallons of fresh fuel and stabil, and then charge the battery every so often, and start and fully warm them up, at least every 2 months or less....engines like to run. Grease everything else to get water out....and I needle grease all wheel and Jackshaft bearings too...zero failures, although I did replace the rear idlers with replaceable bearing style, and change them periodically...every 3 years or so...road shoulder salt gets in....this all since 2003 rx1s, so I stick with what works for me.
I never even lost the trouble prone front idlers on our 05 vector! Still original bearings and wheels....6000 miles. Did break the slides though...when the front shock bolt worked out on a particularly rough tug hill day a few years back..check all bolts and nuts on the rear and front suspensions/skis....they could cause more trouble than any 4 stroke engine storage issues, imo.

Similar to above:
Stabilize fuel, and run it to ensure fuel is in the injectors good.
Top up tank preferably with non ethanol fuel to take up air space to avoid condensation
Grease skid,
Spray oil all suspension parts- skid, a arms
Change oil (this is something that is hotly debated - spring or fall)
Change chaincase oil ( this is something that is hotly debated as well)
Slack track off and suspend the back end
Battery tender on all summer.
If it's in a damp area, consider taking seat off and storing in the house (personal preference)

Hope this helps
MS

:dieMICE!!We can't buy the little green/blue pellet dcon stuff anymore....what a crock....sick of these dumb govt nanny laws....how many people die of dcon exposure...or climate change...lol.....and they preach about the harmful mosquito born zicha virus...BRING BACK DDT!!! I think a mouse neutron bomb would be the nutz....total devastation within a mile.. but non toxic to internal combustion equipment.....and it can also takes out those B52 like carpenter bees...Yamaha riders are the top of the food chain....let's act like it!!! LOL!!

It depends where you store it, out side or inside. Mines in my garage so temps stay more stable and you avoid the highs and lows that build moisture. I add seafoam to premium gas and run it. I empty my tank so there is almost no fuel in it. Change oil and grease everything including bearings. I have ran it every couple months till its warm and circulating in the exchangers. Mice! I have found the little buggers in some creative places. They love Warfarin, Can still buy that. They also love sunflower seeds, I leave numerous amounts of traps baited with them around the garage. If you push the seed in the metal loop on the bait bar you can catch dozens of them on the same seed of course only one at a time.

I really like the "bucket of death" Well thats what I call it. Five gallon Bucket filled about half way with water(antifreeze works in winter) nice hand full of sunflower seeds in bucket.. The you need to place bucket somewhere that the mice can look in from top.. Make like a ramp of some sorts.. Works great with a couple chunks of firewood. They jump in bucket trying to get seeds and drown.

X2 Jonlafon, Except I put coat hanger across the top with a soda can with peanut butter on it with a 2x4 ramp to the top, they jump to peanut butter an spin an fall to antifreeze. Antifreeze works good because they don't rot and smell .

Back