• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine going rich overnight.

Yamarace998

Veteran
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha nypex mcx 400
Hello. Got a major problem with my sled, several hour for searching for the problem but no. My sled went really rich overnight, went from 11.5 to arround 9 on idle. It just like ecu gives him extremly more fuel all over. Arround 9 on wot also. No errorcodes, sensor reading fine in logs, timing and valves are checked. This has happend before and then he came with a fault code on «dual generetaor lower fault» map sensor in front. Couldnt delete the code so changed the ecu last time and fault code was gone and sled was back on over 11 on idle. No fault codes this time. Can something mess up my ecu? Cant understand why its suddenly there again. Have also tryed different flashes, but all the same. Cloosed loop went from 95 to under 70 just to get to target afr 11.8 on wot. Thankfull for every tips i get. Sled running poor and have black smoke.

IMG_3774.png

running super rich, have you disabled the closed loop? (unplugged)

When you key on the sled before starting, what is your boost reading? Looking at log above idling it seems like its .1 is that accurate or has it changed with the issue? Log above appears to look fine with A/F. Can you show a log with it acting up?

What tune? TD or Hurricane? I can have a look at the problem file if its Hurricane if you share the file with me. If its TD I wont be able to analyze it however.

Last edited:
I just thought of something and it just dawned on me, you are the fella with the big turbo and advanced tuning that was having boost issues. Did you save your changes in the app to default when it was running correctly? Is it possible that the fine tuning in fuel percentages in the app has changed? I'd wager the fine tuning has defaulted to different numbers after shutting down the sled or updating the app perhaps. I'd be looking in the GAP app for changes to your tuning parameters.

I just thought of something and it just dawned on me, you are the fella with the big turbo and advanced tuning that was having boost issues. Did you save your changes in the app to default when it was running correctly? Is it possible that the fine tuning in fuel percentages in the app has changed? I'd wager the fine tuning has defaulted to different numbers after shutting down the sled or updating the app perhaps. I'd be looking in the GAP app for changes to your tuning parameters.
I think you just figured it out.

When you key on the sled before starting, what is your boost reading? Looking at log above idling it seems like its .1 is that accurate or has it changed with the issue? Log above appears to look fine with A/F. Can you show a log with it acting up?

What tune? TD or Hurricane? I can have a look at the problem file if its Hurricane if you share the file with me. If its TD I wont be able to analyze it however.

Arround 0.1 in boost with key on. The picture comparing one when its was fine and the other when its was rich. Its TD racemap, tryed different flashes but rich on all. A little better one pumpgas tune but that iss possible a little leaner from start.

Arround 0.1 in boost with key on. The picture comparing one when its was fine and the other when its was rich. Its TD racemap, tryed different flashes but rich on all. A little better one pumpgas tune but that iss possible a little leaner from start.
Even when you changed the multiplier back to where is was instead of 60%?

Yea boost under controll now ;) yes but fuel is still on 100, and it will not edit fuel before 5000. Was I told from TD one time.

When you get a bad lambda sensor, can it show normal readings but just littlebit off? All the other times when my o2 sensor failed they went to 25. Sled was actual a litter better today, it startet with no throttle. Can it bee water in pipes that make map, intake etc sensors wrong? Even without fault codes. In my logs sensors reading right but dont know. So wonder if I should try a new o2 sensor just too verify the af. But the black trail in the snow show me that he way off still. Sled is in heatet garage so it possible alot of condensation

Back