• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine Mounts

the engine mounts are right to the heat exchanger yes...just like the procross...Im betting it will be beefier though..the only ones who would need to be concerned really is those who will boost..

09nytro said:
Ok..
looking in the snow-tech mag it doesn't look like the engine is mounted to the heat exchanger to me ..looks like its mounted to those braces that yamaha put on that jackshaft goes though.......

would those braces be an added weight to the yamabought PC chassis?....don't ferget to be addin that in when yall be doin yur "how much the viper will weigh" sand drawings.

cannondale27 said:
No doubt they are heavier since they are easily 5 times the size of ProCross mounts.Maybe 1/2 lb?

The mounts for sure yes...what I couldn't see is if what its attracted to (great exchanger)
Material is thicker...this is key..

Maybe.But even if exchanger is same thickness the much greater surface area the mount is welded too makes it stronger. Strong enough with engine vibrations,torquing and chassis flex?None of us know.

Ya that makes sense....I'm sure its fine....besides...less power than the ones that we're cracking and leaking by a long way

**sj** said:
Ya that makes sense....I'm sure its fine....besides...less power than the ones that we're cracking and leaking by a long way

Now that i hear the engine mounts to the heat exchanger, it has me thinking about the demo viper on temporary display at the dealership last week that was leaving a puddle of coolant on the showroom floor.

I honestly hope this sled is a winner with only minor problems....if any.

snoway said:
**sj** said:

Now that i hear the engine mounts to the heat exchanger, it has me thinking about the demo viper on temporary display at the dealership last week that was leaving a puddle of coolant on the showroom floor.

I honestly hope this sled is a winner with only minor problems....if any.

I was thinking the same thing.....but why would they mount the engine to the exchanger anyways ?
That part is really making me nervous !!
Maybe they will change it

You guys worry too much.
That is not as bad an idea as a heat exchanger stuck out the front and exposed to rocks, stumps and ice chunks off the sled (Viper) infront towing you home.

Nytros rule said:
You guys worry too much. That is not as bad an idea as a heat exchanger stuck out the front and exposed to rocks, stumps and ice chunks off the sled (Viper) infront towing you home.[ :4STroke: /quote]

The viper has the radiator sitting smack dap up front as well in case you missed that...LOL

It's not down between the skis where the skid plate should be.
And yes it probablly will need an expanded mesh guard too protect it much like the first rendition of the SRX.

Nytros rule said:
It's not down between the skis where the skid plate should be.
And yes it probablly will need an expanded mesh guard too protect it much like the first rendition of the SRX.

Never thought of that.I think you are right a screen will be needed or the fins on radiator will for sure get bent over right before passing someone.

I was actualy more concerned about branches etc. going through the trees.

Oh yeah that too! You should see front of my Phazer. Lot of stone chips. I never pass anyone till they know I am there. Got to be fair and safe. :sled1:

Went to the sneak peek in Blaine today. Here are pics of the engine mounts on the cut away sled. The rear mounts are on the heat exchanger but that is a beefy piece of aluminum! The fronts mount to a cross over bar between the A arms. Had to crop the pics to get them to load.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 110

Back