• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ethanol Damaging Engines

LazyBastard said:
That may be so, but at least the energy comes from local sources rather than from terrorists.
But we don't gain anything when we have to buy more coal, oil to run these plants that make ethanol and get less energy in return.
If we go to 20 % ethanol we will get even less mileage out of our vehicles and then we will go through more gas. I maybe missing something but I think this is just a "feel good program" although some good may come out of it with further development

Tell State Rep to vote NO on ETH gas mandate. I did & he agreed was bad idea to mandate ETH use. Pure gas for internal combustion engines. ETH use is political skam & hopefully will evolve out ot of gas supply. We should look for something better as alternative fuel. I don't see future for ETH as public becoming more aware of pit falls of production costs, lack of power,less mpg of ETH. You want less for more then use ETH gas. Do your research ETH not a good thing for ecomomy, engine power performance or mpg. Plenty of information on intenet make up your own mind info is out there look it up.

Dayum.....before this was such a huge debate. Many were puttin in 10% eth and not even knowing it. Ladies and Gentlemen......its been in your gas for a LONG time. People just started paying attention in the last few years.

I have ran my race cars on straight methanol for years. Many others have, no issues.

If the engines are going to hell with a 10percent blend, they would have went to hell with a 0percent blend.

With all these regs from the manufacturers, as far as not unplugging this, or that - to me seems like a way to cover their own #*$&@. Bring it in with bad bearings - "oh sorry, you ran E10 and didnt unplug this" it says right here dont do that. NOT covered....but we will sell you a new engine.

Im not saying its good for the economy, Im not arguing its better than gasoline,cheaper to produce all thta stuff. Im just saying - its not as hard on the engines as people make it out to be. Very small engines like weed whackers and stuff - does the avg guy take care of them? Do they lube the cylinders down before they put it away? Hell no, they fire it up and grab the throttle after it sat all winter long.

Say what you will: It makes less HP, and hurts mileage both are bad news, performance wise, in this sport ;)

Right - losing a few mph off your top end might really kill you in the long run......

Lets get real here. If you look at all the mods people do to sleds and all the stress that makes on the engine from different exhaust to nos to turbos..... you're telling me that the 10% ethanol is going to be the thing to push your motor over the edge? The one thing that takes it into the shop for repairs?

It's funny, my car which has less HP than my snowmobile by nearly half runs entirely on 10% and has for 130,000 miles. No issues there and no issues with my snowmobile yet that runs maybe 2000 miles per year on 10%.....

Landoman said:
Right - losing a few mph off your top end might really kill you in the long run......

Lets get real here. If you look at all the mods people do to sleds and all the stress that makes on the engine from different exhaust to nos to turbos..... you're telling me that the 10% ethanol is going to be the thing to push your motor over the edge? The one thing that takes it into the shop for repairs?

It's funny, my car which has less HP than my snowmobile by nearly half runs entirely on 10% and has for 130,000 miles. No issues there and no issues with my snowmobile yet that runs maybe 2000 miles per year on 10%.....

Never said it would damage the sled. But that is a logical point for those who may think it will.

Back